• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In need of advise

loz1310

Hi,

Really in need of some advise please?

I’m on my last week of the milk diet and I'm really struggling going to the toilet. I’m taking two fybogels a day and still nothing happening. I get all the usual cramping and wanting to go but when I try the pain shoots through me and nothing is happening. I’ve sat on the toilet for long periods hoping it will ease the pain and maybe something will happen It’s really getting me down.

Is this normal?

Hi,

I’m on my last week of the milk diet and I'm really struggling going to the toilet. I’m taking two fybogels a day and still nothing happening. I get all the usual cramping and wanting to go but when I try the pain shoots through me and nothing is happening. I’ve sat on the toilet for long periods hoping it will ease the pain and maybe something will happen It’s really getting me down.

Is this normal?

It is normal. I experienced the same. You have to remember that hardly anything is going in so hardly anything will be coming out! The only thing I can say is make sure you’re still drinking plenty of water as this does help. If that doesn’t work, go to your doctors and request something like Laxido which is a gentle stimulant which does work after a few sachets. Constipation is a struggle throughout but you will learn what works for you and it’s easier as you can introduce more fibre etc into your diet. X

Hi,

Is this normal?
It is a normal problem on the milk LRD and as Laaux says, you need to keep drinking lots of water. Laxido or Movicol should hopefully do it but you may need a suppository instead. It is important that you get on top of it before the op as it can certainly be a problem afterwards and much more uncomfortable. I was also told not to take Fybogel AFTER the op because it swells up too much.

It is a normal problem on the milk LRD and as Laaux says, you need to keep drinking lots of water. Laxido or Movicol should hopefully do it but you may need a suppository instead. It is important that you get on top of it before the op as it can certainly be a problem afterwards and much more uncomfortable. I was also told not to take Fybogel AFTER the op because it swells up too much.
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I’ve done everything I was advised to do by the doctors but I’m so blocked up. I suffer from diviticulitis and I’m sure that is causing a bit of the problem.
I go to the hospital Tuesday and hopefully get moved to meeting the surgeon.
Do you get introduced to fibre and low fat food after the milk diet? If this is the case hopefully it won’t be long before it’s all working properly again.

X

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I’ve done everything I was advised to do by the doctors but I’m so blocked up. I suffer from diviticulitis and I’m sure that is causing a bit of the problem.
I go to the hospital Tuesday and hopefully get moved to meeting the surgeon.
Do you get introduced to fibre and low fat food after the milk diet? If this is the case hopefully it won’t be long before it’s all working properly again.

X
Most of us (but not all, as some providers are different) give you diet that is in stages post -op. 2 weeks liquid, such as protein shakes and soup and of course water. Then 2 weeks puree so you can introduce some fibre then such as baked beans blitzed and ready break , then 2 weeks mashed food. The constipation can take a while to manage in the first two weeks as you may struggle to get enough fluid in.

Most of us (but not all, as some providers are different) give you diet that is in stages post -op. 2 weeks liquid, such as protein shakes and soup and of course water. Then 2 weeks puree so you can introduce some fibre then such as baked beans blitzed and ready break , then 2 weeks mashed food. The constipation can take a while to manage in the first two weeks as you may struggle to get enough fluid in.
Thank you!
I’m at Luton hospital tomorrow, depending on my loss I go to tier 4. I’m hoping I can start eating fibre the constipation has really been bad for me fingers crossed x

Thank you!
I’m at Luton hospital tomorrow, depending on my loss I go to tier 4. I’m hoping I can start eating fibre the constipation has really been bad for me fingers crossed x
Hi Liz, I had bypass at Luton 2 weeks ago. When you go tomorrow I imagine they will give you the reintroducing food diet which is about 1200 calories and is heaven after all that milk. Good luck to you xxx

Back