• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

DEVASTATED

Newmelani

I'm so upset, all i can do is cry. I got the phone call which was supposedly to schedule my surgery and they said they had some not so good news. Apparently my EKG was abnormal and some score from an interview makes them think I have sleep apnea. So, now I have to see a cardiologist and maybe a pulmonologist before I schedule. I'm absolutely devastated. I'm sure this its going to set me back at least a few more weeks. I'm not going to get my hopes up anymore..... It's too devastating when it falls apart. I just want to go home and lay in bed and cry. Instead, I'm just crying at work..... This about sent me over the edge.

I know it sucks hun, but better that they caught it, undiagnosed sleep apnoea makes you a dangerous risk for anesthesia. Just try and hold onto the fact that the delay could potentially save your life.

Aw hun that is a big blow BUT better safe than sorry with your health, you want to avoid any problems during and after surgery so they are looking out for your safety, hard to take but it will come xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry hun - hope you get it sorted out soon and then go ahead with you surgery asap x

Aw so sorry for u Hun hope u get ur op soon (((((big hugs))))))) xxxxx

So sorry that you feel so bad. It's so hard when we get set backs on this journey. But that is the one certainty on the rollercoaster called weight loss surgery - there WILL be set backs. Knowing this doesn't make it any easier.
You just have to ride the rollercoaster till the end.
So come on sweetie, have a cry and pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on!

Big hugs

Oh big hugs hun... it may be a little delay, but they will get you all sorted out first... keep positive hun.. your op will happen xx

So, my doctor called a little while ago and said I need to come in for another EKG in the morning. The one I had done said I might have had a heart attack at some point...... WHAT??? I'm 38 years old! So, depending what that shows I'm sure I'll have to see a cardiologist. This is definitely going to be delayed now......

I am sorry hun it is a blow when they find things that put your surgery back. I hope they find out whats up and help you so your op can go ahead soon big hug x

awww noooo! best to be safe tho even if a small delay!
u will still get op so try thinkin of good things post op rather than the crap pre op so :) and think of ur future xx

Oh Hun so sad things are delayed for you but try to look on it from the glass half full side ( tough I know when upset & understandably disappointed), think of it as a full mot to ensure you are as safe as possible for the op so there are no nasty surprises or risks to you. With luck all sorted quickly & you'll only be a bit delayed but better safe than sorry we & your family want you on the losers bench not in the chapel of rest.

Sorry to heat this news Melani , but like others said , your health & safety has to be paramount .
I hope the new ECG is ok & the first was a blip
Good luck hun xx

Awww Mel :wave_cry: Hope you have been to the doctors by now & the ECG was fine. I can only imagine what you are feeling at the minute but hope you can stay strong & get through all these unexpected problems so you can be sure you are 100% for your op. Thank goodness they have picked up on any problems you may have now ... this WLS could prove to be a life saver for you in more ways than one as it is better to know & have treatment so you can move on. Good Luck & lots of wrap around hugs, sweetheart (((Mel))) xxx

I know this feels like a setback to your op date - but making sure your heart is fine/treated prior to WLS is vital. Your recovery from surgery could have been hampered with an undiagnosed heart condition, and the potential risks to your heart during surgery will be addressed and minimised now.

It is great you are being so well looked after x

It's hard to have this shock now, but in the long run it is 100% better that it has been discovered.

Your long term health and wellbeing is all that counts.

You all can't imagine how much I appreciate your support. Thank the good Lord I found all of you before this happened. I haven't been to the Dr yet. It's only 345 AM here right now. I go in at 8 AM which I think is 4 pm your time. I promise ill let you know what I find out as soon as I know. Thank you sooooo much for being amazing and encouraging me!! I hope maybe this will help me to encourage someone else too.

Or god I feel so sorry for you, I pray to god I wont be in the same situation. you poor thing. But at least you can sort your heart trouble out first like you said. its best been safe than sorry. after all! you are only young and you have the rest of your life to live for. life is a roller-coaster am sure you will still get the opp. keep ya chin up hun

I think if this would have happened when I was having all the testing done, I wouldn't have been so upset. It would have just been part of the process. But, they acted like everything was great and told me I would get my date that day and instead told me I had all these problems. And also, I was hoping to have the surgery for my birthday.... But, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Hopefully it will not be delayed too much. Sorry for rambling......

I think if this would have happened when I was having all the testing done, I wouldn't have been so upset. It would have just been part of the process. But, they acted like everything was great and told me I would get my date that day and instead told me I had all these problems. And also, I was hoping to have the surgery for my birthday.... But, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Hopefully it will not be delayed too much. Sorry for rambling......

Hi Sweets,

hopefully it will all get sorted out very soon - you know it really is better to be sure everything is fine before you have the op - you want to enjoy the rest of your life - so they are doing the right thing - even though its hard to wait - it is better for you long term to know they are caring for you - your health is the No1 priority here -

ramble as much as you like - we all do hehe

xx

Back