• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

DEVASTATED

I know of at least one person on here who has had a heart attack and then went on to have a bypass so it's only a delay not a full stop. Surely you can appreciate the danger of having major surgery under GA if you have an untreated heart problem. Sleep apnoea can cause heart attacks so if you do have it at least you have a reason for it. This is also something that can be treated with the uses of a Cpap machine which will start to make you feel better almost straight away. They symptoms of this are falling asleep during the day and there are a series of questions they ask called the Epworth sleepiness test. If you score over a certain number on this then you are routinely tested to find out if you are a sufferer.
Good luck with your appointment today. It will all be worthwhile in the end. x

Hey, I'm sorry your going through all this including delay but just think if you were not doing these test for the op you may not know you have had problems until it was dangerous so at least you will have the op and be helped for any other problems so in a way its a good thing ... I hope you don't have too much of a delay, and good luck sweetheart! :) take care ... Toni Xx

wishing u all the best and hopefully u get a clean bill of health and then go on to have ur bypass. xx

What a nightmare when you were so close!! But like everyone says it's for the best that they check you are healthy before they put you through surgery, any probalems will affect your recovery time, as well as put you at bigger risk on the operating table.

The good thing about CPAP is that it's an instant cure for sleep apnoea!! So the sooner they get you diagnosed properly and on the CPAP treatment, the better. Being on CPAP will not affect your op - I'm on it and was fine - as long as the anaesthetist knows, there shouldnt be a problem. Good luck! xxx

So, got my EKG this morning and it was NORMAL! He also said he doesn't think I have sleep apnea and that he would call my surgeon and clear me for surgery! So, I'm praying that I'll get to schedule today sometime. I'll let you know!

Oh that's good news hunni , hope all goes smooth from here on , better safe than sorry though xx

So, got my EKG this morning and it was NORMAL! He also said he doesn't think I have sleep apnea and that he would call my surgeon and clear me for surgery! So, I'm praying that I'll get to schedule today sometime. I'll let you know!

Fabulous news, I hope everything now goes according to plan for you x x

oow the thread is going to have a happy ending!! finders crossed melanie xx

Aw there you see, these things are sent to try us hey? I'm so happy for you Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

woohoo fantastic news mel!!!! fingers, eyes and everything crossed for you honey, except my legs, cant manage that :D xxx

That is wonderful news, Mel :) Can you go back to see your doctor & give him a slapping for worrying us all :( Good luck for everything & have a good nights sleep now you have been reassured xxx :):)

yay! fab news. so happy it is sorted for you so quick. so ignore the private message then as just caught up! always the last to know lol. xx

I just talked to the Dr again. My case manager is going to try to get everything figured out by next week and she said she'll try really hard for the 31st. Otherwise it will be mid February. So, I hope to have my date next week. I'll try not to get my hopes up too much, but hopefully I'll have good news soon. I seriously don't know what I would do without you! You have all kept me going. I can't thank you enough for that!

So sorry about your set back but the op will go ahead, Mrs quiggle actually had a heart attack during her weight loss journey and her operation still went ahead once she was better. Let us know how it goes
Kim

Thinking of you good luck for an early date Pauline x

Fab news hope u get ur date soon Hun xx

Back