• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did anyone have this on their ECG?

zns

I popped back to Charing Cross yesterday to have my blood tests and ECG as the letter that I should have had in time for my 1st appointment got held up in the post.

On my ECG it said 'non specific ST and T wave abnormality' The Dr that did the ECG didnt say anything about it but it was printed on the print out. I have had a google and it seems that its quite common to have this. I was wondering if anyone else had this and if it caused any problems?

Thank you x

didnt get to see my results all the nurse said was 'its all ok' wonder if thats a technical term lol:p

im positive that they would have said something. You could always give it a couple of days and ring to check all of your tests are ok. Mine said that they would ring if there were any problems, the phone did ring from the hosp but it was to get me to go in 2 hrs earlier lol.

fingers crossed but if its a common thing you should be fine :)

I am sure if there was anything to worry about they would have told you. There are a couple of nurses on this site so they might be able to put your mind at rest. Hopefully they will post soon.

Dont trust what those machines say if the professionals said it was ok and were not concerned then dont worry. It could have just been an artefact from movement or the leads may not have been placed right or you may have a non specific abnormality without seeing the ECG i dont know but doctors never look at what ECGs say on the top and they read them properly it is like a different language learning to read an ECG (trust me it takes a while to learn what all the squiggly bits are).

I would have to agree. When I used to do ECG traces, I never took any notice of the print out, sometime the machines are over sensitive and pick up things that are not really there, as different people place the leads in slightly different places. I am sure they would have told you if there was a problem.

I had ecg 2 weeks ago and mine sed the same, I asked the lady who done it was it all ok coz of wot they was writing and she sed yes , I got a heart it seems after all lol

Back