• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im gutted

dawny

ive just been told its gonna be 2 weeks till i can go back home, i have to hand my keys into the council office in the morning, and cant have them back till they hand the bungalow back over to me. if i have anything i want urgently out, the gas man will get it for me, but i cant go in myself, but how do you explain to someone, where all your things are?,
ive actualy managed to get a little bit of money off them to help sarah with the extra money shes having to spend on my food etc. id got all my food the day before i was evacuated, and put money in my gas/electric, and paid all my bills, so i had no money whatsoever. they are giving me some money to tide me over till next monday when i my money again. but im still absolutely gutted, dont get me wrong, im happy enough here, and sarah n jon and the kids are ok with it, but, its not the same is it. it couldnt have come at a worse time, cos ive been very weepy today as it is, and this has just put the top hat on it all, so i really do feel very down at the moment, i dont know what id do it i didnt have everyone on here to talk to, at least i can get my feelings off my chest, which does help an awful lot, im just frightened now that in 2 weeks time there gonna say its even longer, cos we dont know what theyre gonna find while theyre doing all the work do we.
thanks everyone, big hugs xx

Aw hun, Im really sorry to hear that! I was convinced you would be able to go back in a few days......No wonder you are feeling so low, Im sure your daughter and family are lovely but I know what you mean, theres really no place like home! Try and stay positive hun (((HUGS))) XX

Its awful for you dawny, there is nothing like being in your own home but as Jaqui said its your family and they will be glad to have you stay at theres.

Im not surprised you are feeling weepy with all thats going on and its just not fair for you.

We are all thinking of you Dawny, and you have your friends on here all the time. Keep strong love xxxx

o no sweets im sending a massive kelly cuddle, i hope your home soon xx

Awww Dawn, I am so sorry, I knew you were low this morning and you are not well....

It's really difficult for you precious to plan... where on earth would you have ended up without your family?

I am so sorry and hope it will be less than two weeks... but safety has to come first my Angel... if you want to have a run out to see us here for a day with the family... I'm here...

Loving hugs Dawn and I'm thinking of you precious xxx

thanks dotty huni, sarah n me are gonna try and sneak in through the front door in the morning, and get a couple of things out. now that the cordon has been moved and ppl are back in there houses, the walkway between my front door and the ones opposite is open i think, so before we hand the keys in, we will have a go at nipping in. theres only a co uple of things i want, but i dont want strangers going through all my stuff searching for stuff. then when we hand the keys in, they will give me the allowance that theyre giving me, they are giving me £50 which seems a lot, but sarah has already spent well over £30 on stuff up to now, so its not as much as it seems, not when you think that if id have been put up in a hotel, it would have cost an absolute fortune, they were given £50 just for the weekend, yet alone whatever they need during the week, add that to the cost of the hotels, and we have actually saved them a lot of money. i know this is coming across as ungrateful, but im not, its just that ive had to fight to g et this money, and at the end of the d ay, its through circumstances beyond my control, all i want is my daughter reimbursed with what shes had to spend, she has 3 small children, and only her hubby works, cos the baby is only 14 months old. so they are not well off and struggle to feed themselves without having to buy special food in for me.
im hoping that when i get my own money next week, that will last me then till i go home.
thanks huni, sorry im moaning again, lol, slap my wrists. hugs xxxx

omg peeps have answered while i was replying to dotty, thanks everyone, big hugs xxxx

Oh Dawn,

how crap is that, I really feel for you, I hope that maybe it will be quicker than the x2 weeks predicted... Keep your chin up honey!!

Dawn, don't think that you are 'moaning'... it's unbelieveable how you have gone through all of this so calmly.

You are the least person to moan and complain about anything Angel and we are at your side.

I wish there were something we could do.

If it were me, I would have to try and get my own things for the same reasons as you precious...

Love and hugs xxx

I know what you mean about some one searching through your stuff, I wouldnt want that either so I hope you manage to sneak in and get your stuff..be really careful though :D XX

You're not moaning - you are going through a very stressful time.

Let it all out to us - then perhaps you'll find it easier.

Hope you get back before the 2 weeks and manage a sneaky visit to get your stuff

xxx

oh we will be careful, i literally need 2 mins inside, well, i wont go in, cos i dont think its a good idea for dolly to see me. but sarah can get what i need, we have arranged with one of my nearby neighbours who is back in her house, to put dry food through the cat flap every day, as she goes past my house to go to school, (its at the back in the communal garden and car park where all the gas mains have to be replaced, and its like fort knox round there), so i know that dolly will be ok. we will get some more food tomorrow to put in the plastic box that we have left at the front, cos it will need filling up. 2 weeks just sounds sooooo long, when i thought i might be home this friday, but they havent even started to survey the area theyre working on yet, or checked the houses for problems. ah well, big hugs anyway everyone xxxx

I'm so sorry Dawn. 2 weeks can seem a very long time when you're not where you want to be. I know its difficult love, but you're going to have to rest more, even whilst you're at your daughter's. We can't have you getting very poorly now can we? Sending huge hugs and love to you. xxx

We are all at your side Dawn and please let us know how you get on tomorrow, don't overdo things and make yourself more poorly love... always here... Bev xxx

Dawny...I have a feeling you will say no to this but please do consider it.
I have a lovely big spare room with a bed in it and a tv and a computer with internet access, its warm and comfy and totally yours until you get your place back if you want it. I appreciate you feeling family might be better but as you said, you feel as though you should be down there with them and doing stuff, here you could vanish up into your room with a nice hot water bottle and watch some tv or read a book or anything and the computer would be yours to use at any time.
It is a serious offer if you fancy it, though my bet is you will say no thanks, but what I am offering is a lovely big room with as much independance or company as you want.
Steph xx

Thats incredibly kind Steph, theres not many who would open their home to someone like that.........Lovely :D XX

Plus I'm offering a trip out to the coast... I don't have a spare bedroom on the ground floor, but you would all be welcomed! If you need a trip Dawn and a break we are here for you too Angel.

That is so kind of you Steph... you are a gem.

Love and hugs Dawn xxx

Last edited:
Jacqui...we help when we can and I truly adore Dawn and would have her here any time xx
Steph xx

Aw you people are so lovely :D I havnt got a spare room but if I did you would all be welcome lol, be a tight fit but we'd manage ;) X

Back