• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice about pre op at Taunton please

How's the pre-op diet going?
Not long now!
Going crazy not knowing my date. It would have been two weeks tomorrow since my pre-op. X

You will get the letter soon tea towel, but I know the feeling.

Pre-op diet is going fine. 11lbs down now so it should have done the trick and shrunk my liver [although I keep worrying about this because I can't see it]. I have had two days, last Thursday and Monday, when I felt totally wiped out by lunch time and came home from work early to nap, but had loads of energy yesterday and went to the park after work.

Roll on Monday.

Thank you.

Obviously I want the op but it's more I want to know when it is so I can plan what's going on with my life etc. Useful for work to know too and that's mound me crazy!

Well done to you. You are getting very close now. As you say roll on monday! X

All went well tea towel. Home today. They look after you very well in Taunton. The only surprise for me was the pain in my right shoulder from the gas they pump you up with. It has been awful and is still there, but it will disperse eventually! Movement helps they say, not that I feel like doing a lot!

Oh I am so pleased for you... Shame about the gas but as you say it will disperse.
Where were you on the list?
Was it a positive experience. Well exciting now, just watching the weight fall off! x

I was first on the list, and yes it was a positive experience in as much as having an operation is positive.

Walking into the theater was a bit weird. It didn't look like the ones on TV! I didn't like the mask being put over my face, it made be feel a bit panicky, but I am a little bit claustrophobic. My operation took an hour and half. I was in a a bit of a state when I woke up. They gave me more drugs! I don't remember getting back to the ward, but was looked after really well that day. I did not get any nausea and have had not had too much pain from the actual operation, just uncomfortable. It is odd that despite not eating since last Sunday I still don't feel hungry.

Coming home yesterday was great, and I had a really good full night sleep last night.

Still experiencing the wind pain in my right shoulder and still feeling tired. But other than that all is well. Fingers crossed that you get your date soon.

Gosh the op was quick.

I was more worried about the canola than mask. Silly me!
Very pleased everything went well.

It was over three weeks ago that I had my pre-op and am going crazy waiting. It's very frustrating not knowing! Hey ho!! X

Nearly 4 weeks and heard zilch!
Mind you I know bank holidays don't help.
Do you think I should phone on Friday in case it got lost in the post?? X

Hello tea towel. Yes wind all gone. Feeling fine really although tender around the tummy. Have done quite well on soups and smoothies this week and am both looking forward to and a bit scared about moving onto a thicker consistency of food next week. One stone down already!

Have you telephoned yet?

One stone since op???! Wow that's fantastic!!

Glad going ok and not feeling too awful.

I phoned the hospital and on list but no date yet. Maybe they have been on holiday or something x

That is very frustrating for you, but you know you have been accepted and are on the list. Just a waiting game now for the date.

Lol I know! Grrr.
I just want it before the summer holidays come. I was all excited and now I have lost my mojo for it!

Ok this is weird. I phoned up the hospital and they said my op is looking like end of august beginning of September.
I said that they said end of June early July and she said they shouldn't have said that as its within 18 weeks from pre-op to surgery.
So I have to wait another month to hear. This is so different to what they have said.
I am away at the end of august and I do not want to be away from my new class!! Grr

That is odd. I was told that it was 18 weeks from the referral to them from my team in Exeter and that was the time it took. Looking at the NHS guidelines it states that you must start your consultant treatment within 18 weeks, which you did, not that the 18 weeks starts then. Guide to waiting times

All very annoying for you. The above link gives quite a lot of information thats worth reading. I think she has given you wrong information.

Back