• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice about the Wii - help please

Katkit1

Not going anywhere!
I have been thinking about getting a Wii for a little while now, but don`t want to spend out a lot of money on something that I might not use long term.

When you buy it do you buy the main console then all the other parts after i.e like games etc; or do you get some stuff added when you buy?

The main reason why I ask is I thought it would be a good way for me to get some excercise, as of course I have heard others on here speak about the Wii `Fit` and balance boards etc; (not sure what these do)
Would I only get use out of it in the winter months, or make use of it the rest of the year? Is it mainly for games and excercise or would I use it any other way?

I know I`m asking a lot but it sounds like a few people on here use them and obviously enjoy them, and if I go ahead and get one I just want to know if the money spent is justified!

Thanks everyone for listening.

Love Kat xx

yes hun - allthoug im a lazy sod and dont get on mine half as much as i should do, they are deffo worth the money!
you can get the wii + wii fit plus + wii fit board as a package but you can also buy them seperate too.
the wii itself is a games console just like a ps3 or similar so you can play allsorts of games on it ( have a look at the games next time your in the supermarket) wii fit plus is a game that gives you all the exercises, yoga etc, its brill!
have a look on the you tube website and do a search for it on there youl see videos of what they do

hope this helps xxx

OK you get the console, wii remote, nunchuck , cables for hook ups and you get a game with it 'Wii sports' on the game is tennis , boxing , ten pin bowling , baseball , and golf.

now if your looking for a work out play with boxing because you actually box its awesome i love my Wii.

Wii fit you stand on and thats all i know about it.

Also the Wii you can get online with it but you canNOT play dvds , CDs , blue-rays.

its gmaing only.

now i know online shops line amazon and play probably do 'Wii bundles'
its a year round system not all games are as phyiscal as boxing lol

hope this helps you out!

I agree with all that has been said Kat... I love mine and can do the yoga if nothing else... great fun... I got mine for the shop called 'Game' and it was a very good package deal xxx

Hi

There are fitness games you can use without the board - Just Dance for instance if you just wanted to get the console and remotes.

Some shops do 'bundles' though where you can get the console, the board and controllers (plus nunchucks) and they are often a good deal. Have a look at Game or the supermarkets. The Wii Fit 'games' with the board weigh you and measure your fitness posture etc and track your improvements.

They are a lot of money but so much fun, have any of your friends got one you could try? x

It's a great idea Maz to try first if you can... xxx

we must have had the Wii for almost 2 years & for most of the time it has been unused:(
BUT it has recently been dusted down - as I got totally fed-up of my son being on PS3 constantly so when he had a rather "expensive" accident I confiscated the ps3 but let him still use Wii-
I must say it is good fun as a family activity -bowling,tennis,golf & he doesn't spend hours on it:)

Thanks for replying Pop, I wouldn`t like my toys confiscated - better be good. Did you grow bored with it as it seems a long time not to have use of it. I know now, that there are lots of new games and fitness add ons, but with a young family its not always easy to fit the time in with everything that they want to do.

Hope you`re keeping snug and warm hun x

Love Kat xx

Back