• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice Anyone

beckie1985boo

Can any one help. Im having my pre op assessment thursday and since my 1st referral in november ive put weight on. Is this going to effect the op? They didnt say anything about maintaining or loosing weight before the pre op check??

Hi Beckie, I'm sorry but I honestly don't know. I'm panicking about the same thing really. Hope you get some positive advice x

Have you got your date for your op then? Have you gained much in weight? I put weight on from my first referral then had all the tests done then when I was to see the surgeon for the last time before going on the list I'd gained and he made me go away for 3 months lose the weight and prove I was committed. If your having your pre-op assessment ready for going in I'm sure you will be as everything is planned unless it is a very large amount.

I was 22.8st in november when first had consultation. Then saw dietician December and was same. Then had psychological assessment april but they did not weigh me and then got a call for operation date for this august. Im having my pre op assessment thurday and my operation will be 24th august and im now weighing 23.8st. So ive put a stone on in 8months which is why im worried. X

I think you will be ok with everything been planned in. I wasn't even on the list when I put the weight on so it was easy for them to say go away and lose it I had put 2 stone on. You will be fine I'm sure, the pre-op for me was more about checking my heart and lungs etc and other allergies and things more than focusing on my weight. Good luck I will be thinking about you xx

Also if you were to be really good you could be that weight you were in November by the op date ?

At my hospital you have to show you can adjust to the complete life change, no op if you gain :0(

Aw I hope it is ok. Ive been doing liquids for 6days now so god knows what I had put on before weighing myself the other day. Going to Do my bike as much as I Can and just hope it goes down even more as im so worried now will be so gutted if its prosponed. They have my records all way from when I was 16 im now 28 with my health problems my weighs always up and down. My heaviest was 25st in 2008. Lowest was 17st in 2011 its a struggle lol. Will keep posting my progress and experinces for everyone

The most important thing to remember is that you need to show the whole staff ( Dietician,Pshyc,Nurses,Surgeon etc ) that you are committed to not just losing weight,but the fact you need to committed for a complete lifestyle change.
I can't so for sure what your team might say,My team didn't want me put on no more than a couple of pound so it may go against you.Sorry to sound harsh but more than ever,it's essential that you try and get to grip of lifestyle changes sooner rather than later...That way you'll be prepared for this Journey that is filled with high and lows...and if you follow the basics of WLS ...You'll get a lot of highs and believe you me,Nothing tastes as nice as looking in the Mirror and seeing the weight drop of.
I wish you well
Take Care
Andy

No harsh is good I dont like it when people butter it up and make it sound easy. I know its going to be one of the worst struggles ive had but for the best reasons. Im going to just have to work 3times as hard these next few days and hope a fair bit of weigh comes off I think. Thank you everyone. All advice is good advice at this point thank you

We've all been there...it's certainly the toughest thing I've ever done. .. But the results are amazing and well worth it xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

We've all been there...it's certainly the toughest thing I've ever done. .. But the results are amazing and well worth it xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I couldn't agree more with Andy, hardest thing I've ever done mentally and physically but so worth it, every bit of it!!!! Xx

Well im felling alot better from talking to everyone. Its been so hard finding the will power to not mess up but just need to be hard on myself now. Think its only just becoming real for me

Well im felling alot better from talking to everyone. Its been so hard finding the will power to not mess up but just need to be hard on myself now. Think its only just becoming real for me

You can do it!
Be strong, make this time the last that you sabotage yourself x
We have all done it all our lives, we lose weight then we undo the good work and put it back on!
Make this the last time, give yourself every chance to get this greatest gift to yourself which is the most amazing tool to help you x
WORK IT!
Good luck x

I don't want to be awful but I think honesty is best. If you have put on weight I doubt very much that they will allow the op to go ahead. You need to show them that you have the drive, determination and dedication to change your habits for the rest of your life.

When I went to the weight loss seminar I was one of the smaller/lighter ones there because I have lost 5.5 stone. I was the first from everyone in that room to have my op because I showed them that I had made changes to my habits and I had a great report from the dietician to back that up.

Please dont take this the wrong way but you really need to give your self a kick up the a$$ and get in the right frame of mind. This is a great tool that you are lucky to be offered dont lose the chance by making the wrong choices pre op.

I will be the first to admit that when I first started seeing the dietician I didnt put in the effort and did gain weight only about 3lb but it was in the wrong direction. I felt so stupid when she weighed me that it made me think what the hell am I doing to my self. I started a vlc meal replacement programme which was extremely challenging I did that for 1 month and
2.5 stones.

I also think because I made so many changes pre op it also help wiyh my post op experience because I was already used to small portions .

I'm sorry if I have seemed harsh but I think sometimes that is what we need instead of 'there there everything will be alright'.
Its the same with when I ever put weight on my boyfriend would tell me if he noticed. Yes it hurt me but it then gave me the determination to shift my a$$ and do something about it.

Good luck with your journey. Just think of it this way putting in the work now is getting to closer and closer to the new healthier happier you x

Whats a vlc diet ive not heard that one. Ive spoke to them they said Its fine as the pre op is for checking health like blood pressure and stuff. It might be because of my medical history not too sure but he said once I do the liquids on the 10th ill more then likely loose it. Just need to be tougher and not eat the wrong stuff. Was having alot of alcohol last month aswell which I usually dont for parties so thats probably not helped x

Whats a vlc diet ive not heard that one. Ive spoke to them they said Its fine as the pre op is for checking health like blood pressure and stuff. It might be because of my medical history not too sure but he said once I do the liquids on the 10th ill more then likely loose it. Just need to be tougher and not eat the wrong stuff. Was having alot of alcohol last month aswell which I usually dont for parties so thats probably not helped x

Its stand for very low calorie. Its a total meal replacement program consisting of milkshakes, meals , soups and bars. The one I did was called slim and save it is exactly the same as lighter life and Cambridge diet. Not only did it make me lose weight it also prepared me for the milk diet and post op liquids only x

Back