• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

As i can never find a pen i will write it here

Bunster85

Hi so I think it's time I write a diary! For aslong as I can remember I have always been on the Diet train! Eat this don't eat that bla bla friggin bla!!! After giving up and letting the weight pile on I have been thrown a life line! Instead of grabbing it with both hands and holding on tight I seem to just be sliding away!! Anyone else self sabotage great things in there life!!!! X

You have got to be in the right head space hun :) Its good to see you here btw hun, it will do you the power of good to get the thoughts out of your head and begin to process them :) I am assuming you have been offered the chance of wls by the nhs ? If that is the case, they have a great package to offer which i believe will start to put your head in a better place way before you even get to surgery. I know when i started on the process, my head was no where near being in the right place. I took the opportunity to research all i could, i went along to every group session they offered me, which helped to cement things in my mind. By the time i had reached the point of surgery, my head had caught up and all those feelings of doubt and regret had vanished.
Also as part of the treatment, you will see a dietician to help you with diet etc and a psychologist assessment, you need to be as honest as possible to get the best help possible. We have all had problems of some description, or we wouldn't have all ended up here.
Self sabotage LOL that little demon that sits on our shoulder willing us to fail................. i can hear his voice now 'just one wont hurt' 'it tastes so nice' just one more, we'll start again in the morning' 'everyone is why cant i' Oh i've heard them all LOL But now on this journey that nasty voice has been silenced (for now) and i can say im honestly very proud of myself, and the longer i can keep this up, the longer that voice will stay away.
It takes alot of self control but the self confidence and empowerment are sooooo rewarding, its worth the effort :)

Let us know how far on this path you are.......... have you seen the hospital team? been given funding? etc

As always hun your in the best place for the support, just tap away x x x x look forward to hearing more of your story x x x

So my "being Good day" ended up being as bad as it can get day!!!! Though it's over and done. I'm trying different ways, things, ideas ect and just failing!! I'm right at the beginning not even referred! But I really hope it's not a non starter as I'm feeling like this is a tool that can really help me!!! I hate the scales!! (Unless there going down) and If I get a little loss I reward my belly!!! Even as I'm eating I'm like why am I doing this? Do I really hate my body that much ?!!!! Anyway pants day!!! Hope your days have been better x

So my "being Good day" ended up being as bad as it can get day!!!! Though it's over and done. I'm trying different ways, things, ideas ect and just failing!! I'm right at the beginning not even referred! But I really hope it's not a non starter as I'm feeling like this is a tool that can really help me!!! I hate the scales!! (Unless there going down) and If I get a little loss I reward my belly!!! Even as I'm eating I'm like why am I doing this? Do I really hate my body that much ?!!!! Anyway pants day!!! Hope your days have been better x
Ok so yesterday is now PAST and today a new day :) try to not tell yourself its a 'diet day' or 'not be naughty day' or 'a good day' take each hour as it comes, and look at it as eating better for your health. If that demon comes knocking, wait count to hundred if you have to and asses how your feeling, are you really hungry or is it just that demon? could you then take yourself of out for a walk, or do something creative.......... some housework or phone a friend.................get on here and type lol then re asses afterwards. Try and get healthy snacks in .... so even if you do snack its not done too much damage. After you've managed that for just one day you will start to feel more in control, and as the days go on you will feel empowered and when your in that head space its much easier to say 'NO'

With regards to surgery, could you ring your gp or the hospital to see where you are in the process.
It is a long process (in some parts of the country) but for me the long wait really equipped me for life after surgery. You still have to learn how to control your head post op, unfortunately the op don't fix the mind LOL
You have made the first step to understanding why you do what you do ;) keep writing down and you will begin to see patterns emerging.

I hope this doesn't sound preachy hun, im only speaking from my own experience. When i began a long 3 years ago, i really didn't understand, or know how to help myself, but the course of time and help from the hospital team was invaluable.

Don't beat yourself up either hun, let go of those horrible feelings of guilt and failure, they don't help either. Trust me once your in the process the help will be there, which will make everything a hole lot easier x x x x have a great day and be kind to yourself x x x

Defiantly not preachy Hun I appreciate it!!! Xx today was ok though still I didn't make all the right choices but was more aware what I was shoving in! Xx

i think that's the place to start hun awareness !!!! Your right at the very beginning on this wl journey, nobody expects you to know what to do and how to be ............. after all if we knew that we would have all ended up here !!!! Its unfortunately not a lesson they teach at school ....... some say its easy, simple maths but its not easy to change the lifetime of bad habits and possible reasons for the overeating in the first place, some of us have very valid reasons for eating and they are not just because we were hungry. I discovered i ate my emotions, depression, ill health past relationship issues, happy or sad..... and i honestly feel that some foods are addictive, one in your system its a struggle because you constantly crave it more. Once in this viscous cycle its amazingly hard to get out of.
Well done on a good start hun, we can't all make the right choices all of the time but being more aware is a fantastic achievement, once we start to learn our patterns it certainly makes it easier x x x x

Thanks sweetie x I wish it was as easy as xyz! I defiantly eat my emotions! Xxx and when did fruit become sooooo expensive x

morning sweetheart :) the principle of eating this amount and offsetting it by moving that amount is quite simple really lol the hard part is trying to get the head round eating smaller amounts, eating slower and healthier. I was brought up in a family where we had to sit at the table and clear our plates before getting down ....... the portion sizes, as a generation have gotten bigger and bigger over the years, and was convinced i didn't over eat!! Most people rate having a 'good' meal by how much food they had rather then enjoying the taste and texture and savoring the experience....... on top of that, now i speak for myself here but i had issues with my past and found it easier to hide behind the layers of fat, almost scared of change and coming out from that place i've been hiding for years.

This has become my new pet subject..... supermarkets!!!! since when do you ever see BOGOF offers on fruit and veg or healthier options !!!!! go to any supermarket and the isles are stacked with processed foods which are cheap and easy to make full of sugars and fats the majority are on offer pretty much all of the time........... most familys are living on a budget and buy cheap because its what they can afford, also for quickness because most mums don't have time to cook around their busy family life ...... these foods are packed with all the things which make us fat, our body's get an instant high for them SO we go back and back for more!!!! is it any wonder we are getting a fatter nation ......... The NHS have been given this huge budget by government to help with the obesity but i feel they should start nearer to source...... the supermarkets!!! Obviously these are my opinions, but feel pretty strongly about it ..................... i keep saying to hubby when i'm fitter and well-er i'm going to run for prime minister LOL
Oh god hun i waffled again, but see how much much stronger i am now :) i am almost 6 weeks post op down by almost 3 1/2 stone and feel i could conquer the world................ and you will too sweetheart all in good time :) be patient and be kind to yourself :) Once your in the loop of the NHS you will start to learn about nutrition and healthier choices, and once you start you will become soooo empowered by it .............. honest x x x x

weigh only if you must hun.......... but dont become a slave to the scales the slightest movement in the wrong direction will set you back to feeling bad and will trigger a rebound cycle of eating........ just keep focused on moving forward each day, making those healthier choices, and smaller portions, eat slower too................. our body's have forgotten how to tell us when we're full......... eating slower will bring back the feeling of fullness :) take one day at a time hun x x x x x hugs x x x

Thankyou xx so far today

No breakfast

Lunch - large ham salad sandwich white bread proper ham! 2 packets of salt and viniger mcoys and a mars bar!!!!

Dinner - spaghetti bolognaose :-/ not great but no binges thank flump for that!!!! X

Today

No breakie

Egg bacon beans and toast tk

Rack of ribs!!!!! With chips!!! Made me feel sick

And a 10 cal jelly xx

Hi hunni :) it good to see you posting, that in itself is a major achievement well done. Just coming here and posting your intake and how your feeling is a step forward, just to recognise how the way we are feeling affects what we eat and how we eat too.
I've had a tough week this week, a friend hurt me and tbh disappointed me in her actions, previously i would have felt down, without even recognising why i felt down. My day would have been mared by feeling sad, i would have eaten to make myself feel better, this would have turned into a week and so on BUT i choose to deal with it differently, mainly because i don't have a choice now, but because from now, i am not going to let other people affect me. All it achieves is hurting me!!
This path we are walking is a vicious circle, and you have to choose where you are going to get off........... I am here holding my hand of support and friendship out as is everyone else here but ultimately getting off this merry go round is down to you.... I believe we have to hit rock bottom before we can eventually haul ourselves out of that pit. But we have got to really want to do it because (like i said in my smoking post) doing it because everyone says so.
My first bit of advise based on your intake today, is to try and have breakfast ............. there a lots of well known study's which show breakfast is the most important meal of the day, by eating in the morning (even an hour after you wake) it keeps you fuller for longer, i kick starts the body after your nightly fasting too hopefully this helps to eliminate snaking later in the morning or having a huge lunch.
Try having something like porridge (low gi foods) its filling and has slow releasing energy, keeping you fuller for longer and your blood levels stable.
Im here as always hun if you want to chat, have you spoken to hospital or Gp see where you are in the wls loop? maybe its worth asking for some help at gp's too... i'm under a councilor at the mo......... it helps put things in to some kind of order in your head :)

Sending huge hugs hun hope you day improves and your mood lifts soon x x x x x

Thanks sweetie pie xxx honestly the last few days I have realised how others are impacting in my life without even realising it x your words are so valuable and mean so much so Thankyou xxx breakfast I struggle but have just been and bought some porridge oats fingers crossed xxx ended up eating chicken and chips and a few eggs plus 2 cans of coke aswell as today's food ergh but still not a flat out binge so will take that xxx I really hope your ok and are able to keep on going :))) lots of hugs to you too Hun xxx haven't spoken to anyone have appt later this month hopefully will be nice to see where we are x

Am pleased to hear your sounding a little brighter hunni :) am hoping your appointment comes around soon and you will find out where this is all leading to :) be honest with them about your eating/binges they are there to help you.......... wish it was a simple as fixing the tummy but it really isn't fixing the head it the hardest part.
Its time to get of that merry go round and start taking control of your own life..... not easy i know...... i' ve been there......
I've had a lot of years to try and figure out my own mind, being housebound for many many years certainly did that for me........... now i can see where i go wrong, or what affects me but that takes time to figure out.
The trick is to try and do best by yourself, eat right, sleep right, do what makes you smile and makes you happy :) eating is just like a void filler...... its easy to fall into the circle of crap eating, feel crap, hate yourself............... round and round it goes......... just choose now to get off and take control :)

You have got to be number one in your life and put yourself first for a change, the only person you are responsible for is U x xx x x x night hunni sleep well new day tomorrow x x x x

Omg!!!!! My good intake bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not gonna even erite it!!!! Let's just say binge day!!!! I know what I need to do!!!!!!!!

Hey you sweetheart :) hope U doing ??? am hoping life is treating you better these days, its been a long while since i saw you posting...hope your wl journey is getting closer and your feeling in a better place and ready to embrace it x x x x x x good to see you back hunni x x

Unfortunately it's come to a big halt :( I have since moved and not started back on the train! I was weeks away from my first outpatients appt too :( xx life has a funny way! Life's ok weight is nearly 3st heavier without any help I feel really alone in this journey! I didn't realise how even going to a see someone every month helped keep me positive ect!! but maybe I'm just not ready ??!!! I hope your ok! How's life been treating u? Xx

Hi, have just read your previous posts, can you not see your gp where you are now? It will all be in your notes and you may be able to jump back on board and get things moving a bit xx

Hi I am waiting to hear back have lost a little confidence too! Thankyou xx

Back