• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice needed

peachy1

Hi I have recently had a consultation with the hospital group in Manchester for a lap band, I was really excited the consultation went really well everyone was really nice and I was told the actual op would be near Birmingham at the Dolan park clinic! After doing more research and a bit of digging I'm now finding all these reviews saying how badly people were treated post op and that the aftercare was shocking! Has anyone one had their wls with The Hospital Group? I would be so grateful for any information I also have a consultation coming up with Spire again if anyone knows anything about Spire I'd be grateful for the info! ?

I had my band in January with the hospital group, cannot fault them at all, and the after care has been fantastic too, remember you only ever find bad reviews as people never seem to put on positive ones. I will definitely use them again. One thing I would say is, choose your surgeon first, as the first surgeon I was booked in for had quite a lot of bad press, with several deaths relating the band. I cancelled and booked with Mr Super who also works for Spire, the hospital group and the NHS. My surgery cost £4950 with Mr Super at THG, friend had the same surgeon with the spire at it was £7K. Hope this helps.

Thankyou so much for your reply. I had a choice of surgeons and I did actually chose Mr Super after reading about him :) I was telling myself that you only ever hear the bad but when you're making a big decision like this you just have to be really careful! I'd probably end up with Mr Super at spire aswell! You've put my mind at ease a little bit now! I just felt a bit lost with it all. Thank you again for your reply. :)

Yep you will always see complaints as that is when people tend to be more passionate and outspoken. I had two ops with THG at Dolan park ... One for my band nearly three years ago and one for my boobs :rolleyes: and they were fantastic with me at the time and throughout my aftercare. Best of luck with your decision x

It's nice to hear some positives! When I was reading the reviews I was like how are they still running if it's this bad!

As the others have said, bad news sells and there will always be more negative stories than positive.

Good luck with it all xx

They sent me dates and the different drs and I was all ready to book with Mr Super because I'd heard such gd things about him and I thought I'd look up some of the other surgeons on the list just to be nosey and I came across cosmeticcompare and it all went down hill from there!! Leaky band poor aftercare and no pain relief! My heart nearly stopped! But like you say you always hear the negatives! I'm not goin to rule THG yet I've still got a consultation with spire that I made at the same time I made the appointment with THG! It's just good to hear some positives! :)

Back