• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice please?

Hi basically i started cambridge diet but because of money issues couldnt continue, anyway when i originally went to the drs about the diet he offered infor about a gastric band saying he would support me to go for this. so failing the cambridge i went and told him i would like to be put forward for the band and he said he would refer me but it is a lengthly process. Just wondering what now really?

any advice would be great

thanks

hi and welcome to WLS,
your very fortunate to have such a supportive GP.
you should know if your funding is granted within weeks "in most cases".
then just sit back and wait, and wait, and wait. LOL.
fingers crossed for you, sue.

Hiya x I can't really advise on NHS but my advice would be to agree to go through all the steps and in the meantime, read posts on here like crazy from banders so you are armed with a realistic picture of what life is like with a band and what you have to do to make one work.
x

All pct's and providers waiting times are different. Don't expect an overnight happening. Be prepared to jump through hoops and be very patient.... It can sometimes feel like a lifetime while you are waiting but when you look back it was no time at all........ Good luck and keep us posted, most of all follow neen's wise words of wisdom xx

I went my gps and eventually got refered 30 th sep 2010 was told you now have to attend a weight management programme mine is for 6 months i suppose depends were u live xxx

Everywhere is different. Some people get through quite quickly and others have to do lots of things before they get the go ahead. Just be patient and keep trying to shift a bit of weight yourself in the meantime x

When I got referred for wls ( in feb 2009) I had to attend a weight loss management programme, but in all fairness I only had to attend once and then they referred me to my surgeon, It was purely on the basis that they took into the account the time I had been under the endocrine and the gp with weight loss pills and weight loss by prescription etc ( which was longer then 6 months)....but even from the weight management too surgery was a year and then I was waiting about 4 months too see weight management prior too that so about 16 months in total for essex. All areas vary in times etc. The best ppl would be too ask is your provider when u see them. All the best anyway xx Julie xx

Back