• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band fitted on saturday, wind pain please help!!!

I had my band fitted on oct 20th 2009 at spires little aston.

I am still in pain on my left side where i belive the acess port is. the other keyhole ports have stopped hurting but the left side near my ribs is still hurting and i can feel it. Whenever i move or bend i feel it poking me.

Should it feel like this a week after surgery????

Should i go back to Mr khan about this?????

Hi, it all sounds normal to me but of course if you are worried give the team a call.

It takes a good few weeks for the larger scar area to feel 'comfortable'.

Good luck x

thanks mazza

I called up spires adn they have made me an appt with mr khan for tomorrow to check everything is alright.

how are you finding it ?

Leon - I had my operation over 2 weeks ago and i was the same awful wind pain in left hand shoulder but trust me it eases massively after about 5 days... I still get a bit but I took windeeze tablets from day 2 and got them down ok and they really helped... everyone is right - the only cure is to move about - I did some ironing etc on day 2 and it helped moving about.... peppermint tea also.. gripe water didn't do it for me at all but now I am 19 days post surgery and have lost 1 stone 2 lbs. I was back at work within 3 days and have recovered so well... Pls have faith it does ease and after about 6-7 days you will be right as rain... Julieanne

Get a big handed hunk to rub your shoulder,should take your mind off the pain if nothing else.lol

Back