• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band fitted on saturday, wind pain please help!!!

Leon

Hi there I had a gastric band fitted in Dolan Park on Saturday. Everything went well and we had a lovely stay. Unfortunately they sent me home on my flight on just liquid paracetamol:confused: and Iv been in agony since I left the hospital. I feel like Iv been kicked senseless in the stomach area particularly where the largest incision is and Iv the wind pain in my left shoulder. Iv been to a and e today and they've given me paracodol which has taken the edge of the pain but im still very uncomfortable and restless:(. Iv taken the painkillers every 4 hours and have started taking windeze to try to get rid of the wind pain. Can anyone offer any advice or info as Im really regretting getting it done at the mo. :cry:

Ouch the pain from trapped wind is so unpleasant no wonder babies make such a fuss lol
I found warm sugar free peppermint tea eased it and a waterbottle

Hiya Leon, I am due to have my band tomorrow, from reading on here more experienced banders have suggested that gripe water ( used for babies ) is good for the wind and to move round. I went to my doctors for some back up pain killers incase i dont get any from the hospital and was given a prescription for Solpadol which you put in water, i think you can buy these over the counter at the chemists, I am sorry but thats all the information i can give you, hope it eases up for you soon. X

hi hun, i found gripe water didnt work and it tastes like cack! i prefered a hot water bottle and a little walk. hope it eases soon, mine took about 5 days.

Thanks Claire and Mcc70. Tried the gripe water but no matter what I seem to take its not helping for long as the wind seems to come from out of nowhere.

Yeah Julia its yuck but il definitely try the hot water bottle. Wouldn't be so bad only Iv two young babies at home that are sick with a flu and they want me to nurse them and I can barely stand never mind bend or lift them. Really hope its worth this.

Hi Leon, don't panic sweetheart. I know it hurts like F*** but the key to getting rid of the wind pain is movement. Try and walk around as much as possible and I promise you it will ease.I had baby's gripe water too but remember to have a good old swig of it and not just a spoonful.Keep on top with the pain killers too.Don't let them wear off completely as it takes longer for them to help relieve the pain. Good luck and welcome to the losers bench. If you need any help then feel free to pm mexxx

Thanks Gaynor. Iv had 2 cesareans and have never been this bad before so its a bit unexpected xo

Bless you!! You will be fine, just try and move around. I know it hurts when you do but not half as bad as the trapped shoulder wind. Have you got anything in like peppermint tea/gripewater or windeze?? Anything peppermint will help a littlexx

movement is the only real cure 4 this pain i know it hurts but the more you move the quicker you will feel better x

Hi Leon, as everyone says its the movement that 'moves' the wind.
I too have had 2 x C/Sections and other ops and i knew i would be prone to wind. For me mainly arm movements did the trick, not running round the house, just arms up down and in circles, also try laying on the floor and doing a full stretch - arms above head then arms down to side out stretched and slowy- a few times. I had it quite bad for 4-5 days after my band. I'm still quite windy now -4 weeks post op but its only in my tummy not shoulder.
Hope this helps xx

Hi, i found moving and self massage was what helped me last week and taking little sips when i drink even now as found larger gulps make me windy.
Know it only common sense but dont use a straw for anything as this also introduces wind.
It may also be the vacumn of air in your tummy from no food.
I do hope it passes soon Mia

Hi Leon, sorry to hear you're in so much pain. I had my band last Monday and have got to say that the peppermint tea plus each time I had a pain I walked around was the best thing ever. I also chewed Remegel wind relief. As for painkillers, I was prescribed Co-codamol soluble which does give good relief. Keep walking and sipping the tea hun it will ease. x

I had my band fitted on Monday (28th Sept) and am also suffering with wind pains- in the shoulder as well as just that bloated feeling everytime I try to drink anything including the peppermint tea! I am constantly burping- not nice!! I'm hoping this will subside in the next few days as I certainly don't want to have to go back to work and burp in everyone's faces!! I tried to take the dog for a walk today to help shift it but got very breathless and panicked- maybe I tried to do too much too soon- I'm only 2 days post op- how long did everyone else leave it before walking distances?

I can only mirror what others have said. Walking around and peppermint tea was the best thing for me. Remember the shoulder pain is diverted from the stomach, so you need to shift the wind in you stomach to relieve the shoulder pain.

I was walking for 30 a night from the day after my op which helped. But when the pain was bad I found that getting on all 4 and rocking back and forth helped to move the wind. However, it creates a lot of bottom burping !!!!!!

Hoping your felling better......Movement & peppermint tea really do work wonders, It took me about 7 days to start feeling better i felt like i had made a big mistake having the band, But i'm now 7 weeks post op and think it's the best thing i've ever done :)

Thanks a million for all your support guys, really appreciate it. feeling a bit better today but still have the dreaded shoulder pain and have stopped taking pain killers as they made me feel terrible sick. Will keep u all posted on any major release of wind lol

I had my band fitted on oct 20th 2009 at spires little aston.

I am still in pain on my left side where i belive the acess port is. the other keyhole ports have stopped hurting but the left side near my ribs is still hurting and i can feel it. Whenever i move or bend i feel it poking me.

Should it feel like this a week after surgery????

Should i go back to Mr khan about this?????

Back