• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please

jou

Hi all.... Advice please !!!! bitter sweet situation!.... Sweet : phoned up and got my date for the op. Felt like a kid at Xmas . Then when the letter came felt like I just passed driving test!! Bitter: been reading a lot of post, scared they could cancel op. Cus of the nature of my job, have to give them advance warning that I'll be off. they have to replace which I know will cost. money is tight with them at the mo, but i need to be covered. Really scared when work sorts out a replacement and contracts are signed they could cancel, could lose job. This op is SO important !!! Its my first priority !! Plus work wise, how long are you off? Xxx

Can't help with all your queries and maybe others will have been in a similar situation as yours but it strikes me that as long as you are upfront with your employer and remind them that most if not all hospital admissions these days are subject to bed availability on the day before or even on the morning, then you've done all you can in covering yourself should things not work out.
It can't be easy for you or them in organising cover but they must know this is how the NHS works and that at the end of the day it's out of your hands.

Hi jou has your secretary mentioned to you that your op may be cancelled if an emergency comes along?
You can ring them on monday to ask because the sec will know and she will advise you on it. Hope this helps. xxx

Phone your provider to see if this may be the case,as you could lose your job and the stress is too much.Im sure you will be fine but would warn HR that it could happen.They cant sack you for being under a hospital.Maz x

im taking two weeks off.......

I would be upfront with the employer about it and explain that the OP may be cancelled. So if it happens they're not surprised.
I was off for 4 weeks and needed that.

Back