• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please

NT1977

Hi all

I had a fill in early October following the birth of my daughter in August, went up to 6mls which was ok restriction wise but still didn't feel I was restricted to the right point (as I had been in 2013 at 8mls) so went back for a fill this Sunday. I went up to 7.5mls and I am still on fluids until Thursday as I do three days fluid then three days mushie before going back to normal.

However, I am struggling even to get soup through, as in plain tomato soup!! Could it be that this is now too tight and I need an adjustment down? Could this just been that my stomach has been agitated by the fill? I thought it would be ok as I had been over this level with no problems before but I wonder if pregnancy may have changed this. Obviously I want restriction but this is a bit of a nightmare and I am starving as hardly anything nutritious is going in

Would appreciate any advice

X

1.5ml sounds a lot in one go. I'd consider going back and having a slight defill. You can always go back and have a bit more put in at a later date. If you can't even drink fluids comfortably after three days, I think you're over-restricted.

Pick up the phone to your provider for their guidance, but i am sure being too tight is no joy! Xxx

Thanks both, going to call my provider today as I am in London with work for a meeting, slimfast is even getting stuck now so I think I need a defill x

Back