• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ADVICE PLEASE

laurawls

I was banded Feb 2014 and had nothing but trouble with the band since. One month after surgery I started having severe abdominal pain. 2 years on i still have it., but also within the last few months - I have the tuck feeling with most food but last week everything and still now everything I eat is stuck resulting in me making my self sick.
Had various tests which shows my band has slipped. Was at a and e last night and been advised my band will be out 9th Nov.

How can I go on like this until 9th Nov? I have a holiday booked, Flying to Spain 3 weeks tomorrow. How can I enjoy my holiday and also my travel insurance doesn't cover me as I am awaiting an operation and if they miraculously decided to take it out now would I be able to go my holiday?

I'm very very worried and very very Hungry. Help

SAM55

I was banded Feb 2014 and had nothing but trouble with the band since. One month after surgery I started having severe abdominal pain. 2 years on i still have it., but also within the last few months - I have the tuck feeling with most food but last week everything and still now everything I eat is stuck resulting in me making my self sick.
Had various tests which shows my band has slipped. Was at a and e last night and been advised my band will be out 9th Nov.

How can I go on like this until 9th Nov? I have a holiday booked, Flying to Spain 3 weeks tomorrow. How can I enjoy my holiday and also my travel insurance doesn't cover me as I am awaiting an operation and if they miraculously decided to take it out now would I be able to go my holiday?

I'm very very worried and very very Hungry. Help
Were you a private or NHS Band? It sounds like this is being taken very seriously, so if NHS then I would suggest you contact PALS to see if they can do anything. Also speak to your GP to see if they can put any pressure on to have it done sooner for nutritional reasons. If private can you contact your provider for some advice?

Hard as it may seem it may be better to postpone holiday if you can, not least because if you are feeling ill you won't enjoy it anyway (and probably anyone else that is going with you won't either), plus if you have no insurance and something goes wrong in Spain you could be up the proverbial without a paddle...

Tough decision I know as no doubt you have been looking forward to this holiday :(

Crystalrainbow

No advise i'm afraid Laura just try and take it day be day and just do what you need to keep you well... hang on in there hunni, lets hope things settle down at least until its out and fingers crossed you can get some normality back..... this last 2 years has been hellish for you, its been a constant battle ehhh sending huge cyber hugs in the meantime x x x x x

laurawls

Were you a private or NHS Band? It sounds like this is being taken very seriously, so if NHS then I would suggest you contact PALS to see if they can do anything. Also speak to your GP to see if they can put any pressure on to have it done sooner for nutritional reasons. If private can you contact your provider for some advice?

Hard as it may seem it may be better to postpone holiday if you can, not least because if you are feeling ill you won't enjoy it anyway (and probably anyone else that is going with you won't either), plus if you have no insurance and something goes wrong in Spain you could be up the proverbial without a paddle...

Tough decision I know as no doubt you have been looking forward to this holiday :(

I had it done privately with the Wls group who are now no more so now I am with the NHS.

Can I ask what PALS is please? I'm at my wits end and just want someone to listen as the NHS isn't.

laurawls

No advise i'm afraid Laura just try and take it day be day and just do what you need to keep you well... hang on in there hunni, lets hope things settle down at least until its out and fingers crossed you can get some normality back..... this last 2 years has been hellish for you, its been a constant battle ehhh sending huge cyber hugs in the meantime x x x x x
Thank you xxx