• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice

picasso

I am ten weeks post opp tomorrow had a gastric bypass all going really well, went to see gp today about contraceptive as the dreaded monthly visitor is back, they have prescribed the mini pill. Does anyone have any experiences to share of taking the mini pill post opp, ive read the leaflet and it mentions weight gain, obviously this is not something i want to even consider. Any help advice or experiences would be great :confused:

I was told by my nurses that the pill of any kind would not be advised after bypass because they are not sure how effective it is as post bypass you absorb things differently xx

I had the mini pill for a short while to help my hormones stAbilise as I started an endless period.

I'm a little worried about this too... I'm hoping to have a band, and I'm on various tablets one being the pill, others are pain killers and anti depressants... Read that capsules are best to take but the thing it ATM I have to take 2 xpill due to my weight, so u till I lose a fair amount of weight I'll still be on 2.. Suppose I'll ask when I go to the seminar...

Kirsty

I have that. Doesn't make a difference to me.

I am ten weeks post opp tomorrow had a gastric bypass all going really well, went to see gp today about contraceptive as the dreaded monthly visitor is back, they have prescribed the mini pill. Does anyone have any experiences to share of taking the mini pill post opp, ive read the leaflet and it mentions weight gain, obviously this is not something i want to even consider. Any help advice or experiences would be great :confused:

I take the mini pill and have done since I was a month post op. It hasn't affected my weight loss at all :)

Back