• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ok.. advice needed on OH behalf please ladies..

He'd like to treat me to a nice day out, just us as we have got rid of daughter for a few days and he knows how down have been feeling of late.. because of this, he'd like to do a picnic for us to be able to share..
(Am now almost 3weeks post op)

So.. he'd like some ideas as to the kind of thing he'd be able to prepare and take with us - obviously wouldnt be easy to sit and eat soup in middle of the beach or field or wherever we were to end up at.. planning on just getting up, showering, getting dressed and driving til he found somewhere nice for us to relax in the beautiful sunshine we have at the moment..
he was just thinking of doing simple stuff like a small sandwich for me or a teacake, chicken popcorn, mini sausage rolls, mini savoury eggs, yoghurt or fruit etc.. that kind of thing but as am not sure whether am allowed pastry or breadrcumbs for one, whether can have wraps maybe instead of bread so he could do filled mini wraps etc..

any ideas ladies? all suggestions welcome..

* ps - we dont have a flask.. lol.. thanks

pmsl, sorry cant help im pre op but had to reply. can you dive to Bath to get a flask? lol hope u have a lovely time.

Hi

Sounds a lovely idea but what has your dietician said you can eat at 3 weeks post op. Although the food you suggested sounds lovely I very much doubt that its the sort of thing you should be eating.

If you are onto sloppies by then Im sure you will be able to adapt something that you can both have.

Sorry to be a kill joy x

i dont mean to be harsh but you cannot eat this type of party/buffet type foods as it would make you want to vomit after 2 bites this early out.. stick to soup and yoghurt if you eat any of that you will make yourself ill at this stage, im just over 4 yrs post op and cant eat these foods x

You are a bit early to be eating these types of food but I sure there is something you can have.

Maybe make up a small bowl of tuna mayo (nice and soft), potato salad (soft boil the new potatoes so they melt in the mouth), some philidelphia cheese, take fruit smoothies and yoghurt for something sweet. I was on solids at this stage but taking it very easy and no bread, pasta or rice.
I could cope with a little chicken thigh meat but that was only because my surgeon likes to get people back to solids from day seven. Your surgeon might want you to follow a different plan and it is always best to.

Remember your are not going to be able to eat any real quantity, so enjoy the day, the sunshine, the surrounding and you OH and try not to focus on the actual food so much.;):D

i can see your OH means well but hes got to understand this is a lifestyle change for you and that you cant eat these food types now banded, and he has to ajust to your food intake needs x

thanks all for your input.. think its going to be best to wait a while longer..

will just have to persuade him to find a nice quiet pub so least can have a nice hot bowl of home made soup in relaxing surroundings.. he does know its a lifestyle change and he's supported me this far.. just think he's trying to lift my mood with having such a hard time last week or so..

least I'd have something to look forward to ;-)

I think its lovely of your husband to want to treat you to a day out. Youve already had brilliant advice about not pushing yourself too much at this early stage. Listen to the advice you have been given as these are people who have already walked the walk and have been successful with their weight loss.

Back