• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After Tier 3 ?

MissMe63

I've been directly referred to Tier 4 in Southampton but the video the dietician was meant to show me didn't work. So what happens at Tier 4 ?

Last edited:

Bling Babe

Generally teir 4 is the build up to surgery and the surgery itself, good luck xx

Sarnie

Thankyou, You've done really well. I'm in Southampton & I got told by a lady that that Hampshire is a bit different from Luton, I'm not sure.
All hospitals have their own way of doing things. But tier 4 will still be concentrating getting you ready for surgery, making sure your healthy enough, I had blood tests, ECG, ultrasound of my heart, saw the anesthesiologist and met the surgeon and got given my date.

MissMe63

Hi Sarnie, Did you have your RNY April ? I have been told that I'm having a RNY as have large hernia. It was my Gastric Consultant (Surgeon) who asked my GP to put me on Weigh Ahead programme so I could have the surgery as my hernia is causing complications due to other gastric issues which I wont bore you with!!. I'd never heard of The Weigh Ahead or Tiers system before that. Saw a different dietician at my final Tier 3 appointment who knew nothing about me (seen 4 in 6 appointments!!) & then to top it all the video didn't work. No idea what the video shows (?). Yesterday Phycologist confirmed I was being directly referred to Tier 4 & said I'd get a phone call in around 2-3 weeks but I might get called back to watch this video. So I'm still none the wiser. As you've had hernia repair and RNY I'd like to keep in contact with you as your similar to myself op wise.

Sarnie

Hi Sarnie, Did you have your RNY April ? I have been told that I'm having a RNY as have large hernia. It was my Gastric Consultant (Surgeon) who asked my GP to put me on Weigh Ahead programme so I could have the surgery as my hernia is causing complications due to other gastric issues which I wont bore you with!!. I'd never heard of The Weigh Ahead or Tiers system before that. Saw a different dietician at my final Tier 3 appointment who knew nothing about me (seen 4 in 6 appointments!!) & then to top it all the video didn't work. No idea what the video shows (?). Yesterday Phycologist confirmed I was being directly referred to Tier 4 & said I'd get a phone call in around 2-3 weeks but I might get called back to watch this video. So I'm still none the wiser. As you've had hernia repair and RNY I'd like to keep in contact with you as your similar to myself op wise.
Yes I had my op on 16th April. I wasn't told I HAD to have RNY but that was what I chose. Previously I had a terrible time with my hernia, it had caused a blockage at one point, but they refused to operate due to my weight, that consultant even sent a letter to the obesity services at that time to try and help me get WLS as they had denied me twice, still had no joy at that point. Luckily for me my hernia settled down and mostly I didn't even know it was there. When I did get my WLS they found I also had a hiatus hernia as well that I had no symptoms of, they repaired that as well as my main hernia. I didn't have the Weigh Ahead, I just followed the hospital program for 6 months as if tried nearly every thing under the sun over the years. I lost 10 stone in that year. But know I can never keep it off. So I went straigt to T3 for 6 months that finished in October 2018, then onto T4 and had op in April, so another 6 months on T4. It does fly by though. I never had to watch a video. I'm interested to know what the video is, keep me posted please. I generally see someone different at every appointment and they all give conflicting advice and info, which really frustrates me to be honest.
Please do keep in contact. What hospital are you under? X

MissMe63

I'm under Spire hospital. I am also frustrated at seeing so many different people. Every dietician, I saw 4 of them over 6 appointments, have given different advice. I am unable to eat a lot of the foods recommended due to my gastric issues. I cant eat lots of veg or fruit for example. Hopefully I wont need to wait too long for my op and fingers crossed I'll do well afterwards

Bling Babe

Thankyou, You've done really well. I'm in Southampton & I got told by a lady that that Hampshire is a bit different from Luton, I'm not sure.
Thank you, yes they do all vary in their way of doing things x

Sarnie

I'm under Spire hospital. I am also frustrated at seeing so many different people. Every dietician, I saw 4 of them over 6 appointments, have given different advice. I am unable to eat a lot of the foods recommended due to my gastric issues. I cant eat lots of veg or fruit for example. Hopefully I wont need to wait too long for my op and fingers crossed I'll do well afterwards
Do you think you will be able to eat a better variety of foods post op? If it just the hernia causing the problems?

MissMe63

I'm not sure really, I've had gastric problems since I was 18yrs old and i'm 56 now. been on omeprazole for many years, esomeprazole now 40mg twice daily plus loads of other meds, mainly stomach related. I was meant to get a stomach op years ago when I was in my 20s to make entrance to stomach smaller to stop acid from my stomach coming up but for various reasons that surgery never happened but gall bladder was removed which led to loads of problems and several more stomach ops. So I'm hoping this will put an end to all that and the pain from my hernia will go. My stomach is swollen, hard and painful. I don't have a fat apron hanging down at all, I just look 8 months pregnant!!

Sarnie

I'm not sure really, I've had gastric problems since I was 18yrs old and i'm 56 now. been on omeprazole for many years, esomeprazole now 40mg twice daily plus loads of other meds, mainly stomach related. I was meant to get a stomach op years ago when I was in my 20s to make entrance to stomach smaller to stop acid from my stomach coming up but for various reasons that surgery never happened but gall bladder was removed which led to loads of problems and several more stomach ops. So I'm hoping this will put an end to all that and the pain from my hernia will go. My stomach is swollen, hard and painful. I don't have a fat apron hanging down at all, I just look 8 months pregnant!!
Wow, you have been through the mill with your stomach issues. I really hope WLS gives you relief from all that x

MissMe63

I'm sure it will as my hernia pain and bloated feeling it causes will be gone. I've also been told my acid reflux will end so fingers crossed. Looking forward to being on the losers bench !

Sarnie

I'm sure it will as my hernia pain and bloated feeling it causes will be gone. I've also been told my acid reflux will end so fingers crossed. Looking forward to being on the losers bench !
I really don't miss my hernia, the op has left me with a much smaller belly button which I'm happy about, it was cavernous before lol. Only thing I will say I did get pain early day when my food passed by the site of my hernia repair, it would stop me in my tracks for a couple of seconds, I think because of all the swelling, it may not happen to you, but if it does it soon heals and gets back to normal x