• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alcoholic Drinks

wildthing

When I go out I usually have a glass of wine as its flat, but what do you think about a glass of guiness as an alternative as its seems to be non fizzy or would it still corode the band?

oooo id ask your team sweetpea, think thats best x

Sorry wildthing i don't have the answer but you have raised a great question, I have been told not to drink for a year after the bypass as it corodes the wound? It'd be interesting to find out the answers to this. xx

Hi Judy

Half a guiness is less calories than a glass of wine, fizzy drinks cannot corode the band as the band is placed outside of the stomach.

What they can do is cause discomfort or swelling in the pouch.

I drink wine too but if Im out or plan on drinking more than a few glasses I would chose a spirit with a low cal mixer. Lots of ice helps kill the bubbles and the drink is around 50 cals.

Hope that helps x

Ive just been out in Mcr with some friends and drank 6 pints of Guinness in a 6 hour session hahahahaha where as before i would have drank 3 times that easily, i felt fine it went down fine and if i felt a little tipsy i drank water in between.

I would check with your medical advisor for sure... I'm not much of an alcoholic drinker at all, had enough in my youth to pickle my liver, but after becoming a mother, I changed!

I only ever have a small bottle of the Weight Watchers Rose, which is nice and only 80 calories, it's measured and I get two glasses out of the bottle (was £5 for 4 bottles in Asda).

xxx

Thanks guys for your replies, derrr I didn't think about the coroding thing with the band being outside the stomach! Have touched anything fizzy since having the band 15 months ago and getting fed up of wine and starting to get heartburn with it so guiness seems a nice alternative and as you say less calories than wine!

not sure about bands as i am a bypasser

but 2 and half months after my op was my 30th birthday....wasn't passing that up without a drink....well if i can't have a cake i was sure having at least one drink!
When i do go out for a drink I tend to have strongbow...not uber fizzy...and where it used to take a good several pints to start getting me tipsy before imagine my surprise hen i was well on my way to wasted after ONE!!! hahaha
genius! cheap night out!

i do find i am ok with rose wine too

Back