• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please don't shout at me!!!

mintball

I know we've had similar threads to this before but I really need to ask the advice of bypassers.

I've had the odd glass of wine since surgery but in a few weeks I'm going on a girls weekender. I admit I used to go out and get well and truly trollied!!! I know I can't do this anymore but I need some suggestions of what the heck I can drink!! I'll alternate between alcoholic drink and water but i can't have fizzy so out the window is bacardi and diet coke and wine gets me drunk too quick (and tired) and fruit juice will be too much over the night. I need a suggestion of a new drink or a good suggestion for a mixer i'll be ok to have.

Im gonna try vodka with a mixer of flavoured still water and ice. Dont no what its like though

mmmmm this is a good question hun, im just glad i can drink wine lol. but im guna keep checking in to see what ppl come up with coz i have to admit this 1 has me puzzled :0s x

i've always drunk bacardi and diet coke if on a big night out (now i can't cos its fizzy)

Or I drank wine if just out for a couple (but nits gonna be a long night)

Teen, never thought of the flavoured water thing, let me know how that goes x x x

Any other suggestions welcome x x x

I had vodka with low sugar dilutable vimto before the op and loved it. Hate the stuff now lol mixed my vit drops with it now can not stand it lol

Just don't wanna be asking a busy pub if the have cordial and is it no added sugar etc

Was tempted with getting a brandy on the rocks to sip and just have a glass of water to sip!!!

What about cranberry juice as a mixer. My dietician said to me that aslong as i dont have fizz everyday, i could have it as one offs. Not sure how much she meant though

Flavoured water :eek::8855: - Do behave !

I drink (not in this order mind)

Bitter - pints of
Gin & Tonic
Red wine
Vodka - straight shots normally
Tequila - after a hard day at the office (a tequila sunrise makes a nice cocktail)
Port - Normally with Cheese
Benadictine - with coffee after the cheese

The only thing i cant do any more is larger in quantity, the gas fills me up strangely and i find it hard to drink, so i've had to switch to bitter or real ale, and the smoother the better !

Yep you'll get hammered real quick, but that just makes you a cheap date and in this economy cheap dates are good dates ! :D

But have a flavoured water if you want Lisa ;) :D

I'll be honest Rich, I had a couple of drinks and been ok with the few i've tried (baileys went down very well), but not found anything I could have "a few" of if you get my drift x x x

I'll be honest Rich, I had a couple of drinks and been ok with the few i've tried (baileys went down very well), but not found anything I could have "a few" of if you get my drift x x x

Nah Lisa i'd stick to flavoured water if i were you lol ;)

Seriously you may want to avoid alcopops as they are full of sugar, or sugery cocktail, but you should be ok with conventional drinks like the red wine, spirts and mixers.

Another one i like is Jim Beam and coke, strangely i preffer pepsi to coke, i dont really drink coke these days, unless there's a JB in it lol :D

cos i've not had fizzy drinks yet, do you reckon i should try it and check i'm ok with it first? will i not get too gassy if i'm on it all night?

Sorry to grill you but if i don't get this right....its flavoured water lol x x x

oh my lord, the thought of a bacardi and diet coke is getting my engine revving as we speak!!!!!!

I guess mixers don't seem quite so fizzy when they are with alcohol so it might be worth a try!

Hey so maybe just to de-fizz it a bit more...i could get a double measure of bacardi in it!!! ROFL

You dont realise how happy this thread has made me feel. I was ready for all the changes that goes with the bypass, but i do like going out for a drink.

How long did you wait before you had a drink? Im only 4 weeks post op so not had one yet. My pack says after 2 weeks

i waited 5 weeks and had a glass of wine, i've had a few glasses since and been ok, I just seem to get tired from booze now and if i'm out with girls till 3am I need a bit of forward planning x x x

Back