• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please don't shout at me!!!

right your taking us all out Rich and breaking us in gently - no rude comments please x x x ROFL

soon as i've took all advice so far and had a practice run!!!

Nah forget about all that detox and herbal rubbish, just stay drunk :D

What you need is a depth charger, single shot glass of drambuie at the bottom of a half pint of larger, then neck the larger and suddenly you get a woof of spirts, becuase te spirit is heavier than the larger is stays at the bottom until it mixes, then HELLO !

For an alternative try scrumpy instead of larger ;)

Lol Richard you never fail to shock me lol....xx

soon as i've took all advice so far and had a practice run!!!

Pints of neat vodka or half pints if your a "lady" lol....no fiz in them and saves you going back and forth to the bar...lol...have to say I am still trying to find a drink I can have more than one or two on...xx

i do not drink often even pre-op but i love a decent malt whisky, i had a shot of Oban wednesday lunchtime and the best part of a double from room service in the evening while we watched the day the earth stood still, its a great drink you can just sip it and no one will comment that it is not going down very fast, you can be a philistine and dilute it with a little water as well.

I've enjoyed reading this thread, I am gona try some wine soon, I think, I used to have a bottle to myself and then open another and still be ok. Now I guess 2 glasses and I'll proberly be on me back....Brill lol

Chuckles so glad you did not say you would be 'anyones' allie, just go for one glass to start with, apparently i got giggly very very fast on the whiskey, the first one went straight to my head, LOL the words jonah used were i 'got all gigy and girlie' pmsl i have nver been a giggly person

I'm 9 weeks post-op today. Not a huge drinker at the best of times due to my huge constitution (read: belly) it took forever for me to get even tipsy. But I bought some Baileys minis today and wil be trying one tonight when I get home from work :)

baileys, i managed really well but not something i'd drink for a pub crawl i don't think but is lovely to just sip with loads of ice x x x

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) bacteria found in faeces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poop, Wine = Health .

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of ****.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service

Back