• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here we go then-all booked and deposit paid.

WelshByrd

I had my consultation with Mr David Hewin of the Hospital Group yesterday and have booked to have my band at Dolan Park on 27th August. It gives me time to arrange time off work and to get my thyroid bloods done as my last test was over 12 months ago.
I have twice before booked consultations but cancelled because I was worried that if I failed with the band then I really had nowhere else to go and would always be fat. I have come to realise that unless I give this a try then actually I'm going to always be fat anyway so this is my chance to get the help I need because I'm almost 50 and have never actually been a slim adult.
I start the pre-op diet two weeks before surgery. I plan to keep this diary as a record so prepare to be bored silly, or step away now. X

Well done on getting it booked...you will have a few wobbles before then dont worry. Just keep reading and researching so you know how to get the most from your band. Good luck

Hi and welcome. Good luck on your journey. There are loads of successful banders here so you will be able to get the support you need

Hello, welcome and good luck :)

I have ordered the Cambridge shakes for my pre-op milk and yoghurt diet. I don't start until 14/8. Is there any point in doing it for any longer, say for the week before too, if I know I have a party on 13/8 and will definitely not be doing milk and yoghurt that day? I've read that the liver is like a sponge and any shrinkage is immediately undone if you go off the wagon even slightly.

Hi Byrd ! Welcome
Yes as Starry says 14 days is enough .. If you wanted to have a smal try out then do it for maybe 4 days to see how your going to cope ? It's not easy so get your head in the right game ..
Xxxx

Thanks for your replies. I'm beginning to wonder why they bothered weighing me as I'm sure to have gained at least a stone the way I'm going. I think I'll be ready for the milk and yoghurt though as I'll be full as an egg by then, you know the way you get when you're in the right head space at the start of a diet.

Do you think you're panicking because it's feeling more real?
I made a point of enjoying quite a few things 'for the last time' and enjoyed it. It made me feel a bit more calm and in control, maybe worth a try?

Good point, it may be panic, I certainly don't feel in control. Yesterday I planned to do a day of Cambridge just to get my head in the zone. By 11:30 am after having had none of my shakes or any other food I found myself half way through a bag of haribo! I'm trying again today...

Good point, it may be panic, I certainly don't feel in control. Yesterday I planned to do a day of Cambridge just to get my head in the zone. By 11:30 am after having had none of my shakes or any other food I found myself half way through a bag of haribo! I'm trying again today...
I done this quite a lot when faced with the shakes :(

In the end I introduced the shakes into the day. I'd never have one for breakfast it would always be lunch first then a couple of days later lunch and dinner and done it that way. You can have harbio if you're calorie counting ;) just a few though. Maybe that'll be better so you don't feel like your missing out/sabotaging. Well done for trying again today. I have a pack of haribo in my bag if I need a sugar boost after working out. Haven't touched them yet. It's a smash glass in case of emergency kind of thing x

Back