• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All Very Real Now!

MrsSmith

Well yesterday I got the final pre-op pack through from the hospital, so all seems very real now; I'm excited and nervous, but really just want to get it done now.
There were a couple of surprises in the letter though; the bill was £1500 more than I expected, but when I read the small print you have to pay that amount in case you need a high dependency unit and you get it refunded if all goes to plan and it isn't needed. Have never heard that mentioned here before, so maybe it is just something my hospital does, I'm having my band with Mr Warren at the Sandringham Hospital in Kings Lynn.
I have to be at the hospital for 7.40am and have about an hours drive there, so will be an early start, but think that will suit me as probably won't get much sleep the night before anyway. Can't drink anything after 4.30am, slightly concerned about that as everytime I think about it, it makes me thirsty!!
The other surprise from the letter was that it says Day Case, so looks like I might be home the same day??
For me the 13th August can't come soon enough now xx

Good luck with it all xx

Good Luck, it won't be long it will fly by, it always does once you have your date, Karen x

Hello and welcome to the forum, I was a day case as well ( although some might say nut case,lol) Roll on 13th August whoop whoop. xxx

Good luck. At least if you have to be in early it should be a morning op which is better.Hope it all goes well.It will soon come round

Jo
xx

yayyyyyyyyy roll on the 13th of August!!!! i am so pleased for you, and although i know that the time might not go by as quickly as you like, i at least hope its bareable for you xx

Thank you, time is going quicker than I expected, have a busy time coming up, so hopefully these last four weeks will fly by. Had lovely time with friends last night, but massive take away and several drinks and realise that won't be doing that many more times.

Good luck. Its sooooo exciting isn't it! It'll come around faster than you think. I wish I'd been a day case. Hospital beds aren't the biggest or comfiest even in a private hospital! Keep control of your eating though because you need your liver to be as small as possible. xx

Well, tomorrow is my op day; packed my bag, had nice long bath and now trying not to panic! Last time I felt nervous like this was the night before my wedding last year! Have to be at the hospital at 7.40am, so early start as it's just over an hours drive. Seems odd to think that this time tomorrow my life will start again x

Good luck tomorrow.. I hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Good luck and best wishes for tomorrow. All the best xx

Good luck- let us know how you get on. Big Hugs xx

Back