• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's all very real now.

PokeyKoala

So I had confirmation that my provisional date of 7th April is now confirmed.

I've had my meeting with my Dietician and Psychologist, which went well. I've had the endoscope down the throat and just my pre-op meeting to go.

My vitamin packs have arrived, I've begun batch cooking for my DH as I start my liver shrinkage diet on Monday and think for me, the best way to handle only being able to drink Milk for two weeks is to keep away from lovely smelling food! :p
My packs of baby food containers have arrived so I can store the puréed food when I am on the mushy stage. I've even ordered new PJs and slippers for Hospital.
I've told a couple of close friends and got some great support so now it's just down to the op.

It really does feel like a countdown to a new beginning and I honestly find that quite scary. I am swinging from so excited about life after the op to terrified about how much my life as I know it will change. :eek:

Does every one go through this roller-coaster of up and down before the op?

yes or it wouldnt be normal i keep asking myself right now if im doing the right hing i know i am but its just wobbles im sure they will pass

Ah, wont be long now :)

Yes I was terrified but I'm 4 weeks post op bypass now and am feeling pretty good so hang in there and time will fly by I promise x

Perfectly normal to feel as you do. The initial weeks/months are a bit of an emotional roller coaster ride but I found once my date was set I relaxed and was more worried that something would prevent the op from going ahead! Needn't have worried though and it's the best thing I've done :)

I'm so glad to hear people say they are feeling so well after their ops.
Yesterday was an up day - today is a down day - well more of a scaredy cat day if I am honest. :8855:

It's huge, life changing. It's perfectly natural to be scared but as you'll see when you look around, soo many people are so happy they had the surgery. Good luck xx

Thanks all!

I've started on my Milk diet one day early. (Glutton for punishment) I thought I would get a head start and try to lose a couple of extra lbs before the op.
My DH and I cleared out the fridge and he has put all of his food for work and his dinners in the bottom drawers so when I open the fridge, all I see is milk and jelly.
Remove those temptations!!

I'm ready for my next milk installment now, it's going to be a long two weeks!!! :eek:

2 weeks i wish im starting week 2 of 4 on milk and yogurt good luck with it

4 weeks, wow I feel for you. :cry: Does the hunger subside?

I'm already sick of milk - I look jealously on at those people who have the soup and yoghurt combo :8855:

I've decided to spread my chores out over the week and walk to the supermarket everyday for my 4 pints, just to try and occupy my mind and not think of something more substantial. I am sure after a couple days, this will pass.:p

i can chop and change between any of the 5 diets but i chose to do the milk and yogurt i have to have 8/10 yogurts and 1 pint milk a day i did try the meal replacement option with the slim fasts and soup but didnt agree with me the first 4 days are the worstaftr that you dont even notice it

Hi...I'm on day 12 of milk diet....2 days. Left...surgery wednesday. I didn't feel hungry. I mixed milk with nas strewberry crusha. I drank milk, coffee, bottle of water in cycles so I always had a drink on the go. Good luck for your surgeryxx

Good advice Slimby! I've found sugar free gum also takes the edge off. I can have four bits per day. I think amongst the milk, jelly, tea, water and gum I'll get there.

I have my pre-op this week. I'm booked in for two hours! Any useful questions or things you wish you had asked before the op?

Back