• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Allergic reaction...

Stacey83

So since my wls I have turned into a sensitive body with a lactose intolerance and then this morning woke up with these babies... Zombie eyes! I couldn't see a thing and got a cab straight to hospital!

Have been at A&E, had to have IV steroids and hydrocortisone and am home now with instructions to get an allergy test ASAP from the GP.

I have no idea what set me off, I had 2 different things yesterday - a peanut butter bounce protein ball and teriyaki sauce - I have peanut butter all the time with no problems and soy sauce so I'm a bit confused! Look forward to the test results.

Has anyone else developed a sensitive disposition post op?!

On a positive, it was my 4th cannula in 3 month's and it wasn't too bad, I'm turning into a pro!

Here's some spooky pics - the Orange stuff was for eye tests

ForumRunner_20140826_172743.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140826_172813.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140826_172813.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 42
  • ForumRunner_20140826_172833.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140826_172833.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 45
I am prone to being allergic to things I was so before the op but last year around this time I had a terrible do with my eyes. It took upto 2 months to manifest itself properly. IT FINALLY was so bad I was on a 2 day course couldn't ahrdly see outta them and painful wasn't in it, all swollen and horrible, had to wear my sun glasses inside in October. I had to take a week off work couldn't start my new job. My doctor had given me 2 different antibiotics that week which did not help at all, they got worse by Friday I went back and he faxed my notes 30 mile away to a eye infirmary and before I got home they rang me to say could I come straight through. I had 7 ulcers in one eye and bout 3 in the other eye have nevre heard of that before had to visit hospital several times over the next few weeks, I had bad case of severe blepharitis and now I have to work on my lid hygiene. I have to bathe them and clean my eye lids top and bottom to stop grime n dirt collecting. Been ok since but a bag has been forming of late and am worried incase it happens again. Couldn't see, work, watch tv, go on laptop or phone, couldnt see the numbers to ring any one was awful xx hope you get better soon, my eyes can get bad with certain animal fur as well xx

Ohhhhhhh looks nasty hope you can find out the cause xx

So since my wls I have turned into a sensitive body with a lactose intolerance and then this morning woke up with these babies... Zombie eyes! I couldn't see a thing and got a cab straight to hospital!

Have been at A&E, had to have IV steroids and hydrocortisone and am home now with instructions to get an allergy test ASAP from the GP.

I have no idea what set me off, I had 2 different things yesterday - a peanut butter bounce protein ball and teriyaki sauce - I have peanut butter all the time with no problems and soy sauce so I'm a bit confused! Look forward to the test results.

Has anyone else developed a sensitive disposition post op?!

On a positive, it was my 4th cannula in 3 month's and it wasn't too bad, I'm turning into a pro!

Here's some spooky pics - the Orange stuff was for eye tests

View attachment 13209
Oh poor you - hope you can find out what caused this so that you can avoid it xx

I'm a sensitive person I have to take antihistamine most of the year. Nuts over the years are having more and more effect on me so I can't set them anymore. But when I have Chinese food you can guarantee my mouth becomes alive tongue swollen, I don't know what is in it but I also have the same reaction if I go to a Harvester and have the Red Devil sauce, it's strange how the body works. I hope you find out what it is you don't want a repeat of that also you do r want to be worrying every time you eat just in case :) have a quick recovery.

Ouch Stacy hope you get sorted and the cause identified soon hun
I'm a sensitive person too but have been for most of my life and as a result take daily prescribed antihistamines. It's my mouth and lips that swell if it's food orientated but I also suffer gastro intestinal upset. But mostly it's my asthma that kicks off. Had a feeling I was lactose intolerant before my WLS but it is much worse now. I may now also have the beginnings of a sensitivity to certain nuts as my mouth and lips are now burning & slothing (sorry TMI) if I snack on them..This will be a major downer on things if I am :(

How are you with fruit I love bananas but over the years I was unable to eat them but I discovered that if I heat them up I'm ok and that how I get my hit now. If not cooked enough I get the itchy ears, mouth, and down passed the tonsils and no amount of histamine helps. A bit like the nuts, while I was having my naughty weekend I bought a white bar of chocolate from aldi had a reaction and there must have been some nuts involved somewhere lesson learnt I shouldn't have been having it anyway lol,

I already carry an epi pen as I have a major issue with seafood and garlic of all things ! a tiny amount gives me grief end up looking like the elephant woman all bloated and terrible looking
have a set of pens at work and home and have a set in my bag at all times
can only hope your issue is a temporary thing

What antihistamines do you ladies have I also take a one all year round. I have fexofenadine 180mg, I have severe allergic reactions to certain tpes of animal fur or fabrics, they can bring on an asthma attack quite quickly, the hay fever season can be quite bad fro me also, but when peoples is quietening down mine revs up from FEb hayfever symptoms are worse and also around now to November, windy and wet weather are worst also, my snoring comes back when allergies are bad. My poor eyes suffer the most. When I was younger and when people smoked in pubs, we used to go to Blackpool fro the day and night come back in the early hours and I would always be ill. BY the Sunday I could not speak a word with out coughing or wheezing, the laughing and smoke together used to inflame my air ways and by Monday I would be in doctors surgery for steroids and antibiotics. My eyes used to stream in the pubs and would be blood shot by the end of the night. Also would have no voice left. xx

I used to have them on prescription but one day in boots I was told that the ones they sold in pound land were the same as the ones on my script, so guess where I went. I brought a packet back to the pharmacy who confirmed the same item they sold. I now get mine from aldi for 79 p pack of 14 but I also use for the hayfever one of the machines Lloyds chemist brought out a few years ago. You put two probes up your nose for three mins and it blocks the his terminus in your nose. I have been able to reduce my tablets for the hayfever. I start in march with the trees and just keep going all through the season until it gets really cold then it stops, but I do get some Simpsons to other peoples dogs and cats which is strange because I have one of each. Edited : I should say that boots now do a similar machine. They are around £30 at the beginning of the year but they do drop in price you can get them on line, I think amazon do one, and Lloyds do on line. I got mine about four years ago for £10 staff discount from a friend from £15 end of season worth every penny.

How are you with fruit I love bananas but over the years I was unable to eat them but I discovered that if I heat them up I'm ok and that how I get my hit now. If not cooked enough I get the itchy ears, mouth, and down passed the tonsils and no amount of histamine helps. A bit like the nuts, while I was having my naughty weekend I bought a white bar of chocolate from aldi had a reaction and there must have been some nuts involved somewhere lesson learnt I shouldn't have been having it anyway lol,

Strawberry, banana & tomato flavoured things do this to me and I get a rash however I'm fine with the real thing?! Radish, celery, and certain chillies in their raw state do too but I'm fine when they're cooked. I'm questioning my tolerance with wheat too at the moment ...weetabix, wholemeal bread, is definitely giving me gastro problems. I was a bit suss on this pre op but my love of food out weighed my need to investigate further :eek:

oooh looks painful. Hope you get sorted soon xx

Oh my Stacey that looks well painful. I too am allergic to me many things and come ouy with similar probs and hives. Im prescribed an epi pen as i have had similar probs esp. with my mouth and throat swelling several times and i couldn't breath which also took me to A AND E. The last time was a salmon cream cheese bagel from Asda. I hope you get well soon let us know what it can be when they do tests. You poor thing'

Wow! That looks very sore my love. I hope you manage to find out what is causing it soon. xx

What antihistamines do you ladies have I also take a one all year round. I have fexofenadine 180mg, I have severe allergic reactions to certain tpes of animal fur or fabrics, they can bring on an asthma attack quite quickly, the hay fever season can be quite bad fro me also, but when peoples is quietening down mine revs up from FEb hayfever symptoms are worse and also around now to November, windy and wet weather are worst also, my snoring comes back when allergies are bad. My poor eyes suffer the most. When I was younger and when people smoked in pubs, we used to go to Blackpool fro the day and night come back in the early hours and I would always be ill. BY the Sunday I could not speak a word with out coughing or wheezing, the laughing and smoke together used to inflame my air ways and by Monday I would be in doctors surgery for steroids and antibiotics. My eyes used to stream in the pubs and would be blood shot by the end of the night. Also would have no voice left. xx

I'm prescribed cetrizine (sp?) Chrisa as my asthma got so bad that it was with me constantly but I have been allergic to loads since my teens ..ironically it all flared when I was at my lowest weight ever when I went from 17st down to 11ish stone. Hay fever, asthma, hit hard then but I'm allergic to feathery things cats (yes I have one :eek:) horses, furry pets, dust, several medications perfumes air freshners.. list goes on and on and I'm still adding grrrrrrr

Back