• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fallen off the wagon :(

Jcoco

I am sooo ashamed of myself. I had been so good. But now only 4 days spent in the Uk with my stressed out sister and critical mother- added with parties and eating out with friends- has led me to emotional eating.
I'm making the wrong food choices and grazing throughout the day.
Thanks to a friend I have managed to do a bit of exercise but I dare not weigh myself this week.
I can't wait to get back to Qatar, my treadmill and my more controlled way of life.
What scares me the most is that I thought this surgery would help me conquer my food demons but I still have so much to learn.
Has anyone gone through this? I'm seriously considering doing the pouch test as a boost back to healthy eating.

Sorry to hear that Hun, but at least you have recognised it which is half the battle! You could have just burried your head in the sand and pretended it didn't happen.

You have also hit the nail on the head- wls isn't a magic solution and it our heads that need retrainining, I know I'm going to have the same issues and need t sort my head out as well as my body.

Try to put it behind you, up your protein and fluid and track what your eating to help keep you on track!

Nxx

Oh and what's a pouch test?

Nx

You've recognised the issue so it's not a pouch problem.....therefore draw a line in the sand and start afresh now! There's alot of us I don't doubt that have made bad choices this weekend....the important thing is we don't turn that into routine and stop it whilst we can. X

We all fall off the wagon at some point wether its 2 months, 2weeks 2 years, get it under control and move on back to where you were when you were following your hospital rules, I am struggling think most of us do our old habits have a habit of coming back to us and its all to easy to fall back into the old ways, I have been shopping today usually my hubbys job and I refused to get some things because i know i will want to eat them un til I can control that I refuse to get them it is the only way i can make sure that i won't eat them. We start to get clever and think we can get away with things thats when the old habits come back, if we dont go there it can' t happen I know my self its not easy, but tomorrow is a new start for you, and me too.xx

I know it's not the same, but my boys have gone off with their dad this week. As I waved bye, my first thought was chocolate as I know I have a large box of malteasers stashed away. I realised this was my usual response, comfort eating....I'm pleased to say I recognised this and made myself a tasty homemade tzakziki dip using fage. I got more pleasure from this, although I realise I'm not always going to make the right decisions.

Don't beat yourself up, your human, out of your controlled environment. You will soon be back in the zone xx

Thanks for all your support. I just weighed myself and haven't put anything on or loss any. I'm going to my friends gym this evening and trying to slowly get back in control. :)

There you go! Just dust yourself down & jump back on that wagon!

Well I'm back in Qatar. I just weighed myself and I'm down to 120kg from my previous 122kg. Cant recall when I was last in the 18stone realm. Thanks so much for the encouragement guys :)

Glad its not just me :( had a very bad weekend food wise, i do well all week and as soon as the weekend comes it goes to pieces !!!!!!
Need to get the weekends sorted some how, just don't seem to be able to keep control when hubby is eating bread, and other junk :(

Back