• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Always wanted to try...........

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
Thought i'd start a thread on things people have always wanted to try....but havent yet, be it because of illnesses, weight issues, or just not got the confidence or time.....or for whatever reason :)

I'll start with....

I've always wanted to try....
(and will try these things when I lose weight and get fitter)

Ballroom dancing
Bellydancing
Yoga
Pilates
Surfing
Sky diving
Parachuting
Bungee Jumping
High ropes

Wow what a list! I fancy having a go at a marathon!!! Well maybe just running in general, I haven't ran since school when I was about 8..

i have a hell of a list but i will just start with

. being able to walk a mile without pain.
.cycleling.

Swimming, cycling, hot sex positions ;) and having kids, wear sexy clothes and lots more

Horse riding - want to be normal weight to do this.
Canoeing - going in two weeks
running- have taken this up now
Fly over the Nile in a hot air balloon - will do this when I've reached goal ( which will be never if I keep munching like I have the past 2 days!)
Waterski
Scuba dive

gosh- didn't realise i wanted to try so many things!

start
Ballroom dancing
Bellydancing
Yoga
Pilates
Surfing
Sky diving
Parachuting

All of your list except NOT the bungee jumping and high ropes for me (quite happy to fling myself out of a plane with a parachute, but jumping vertically downwards 300 feet, no thanks ;)).

Running
Walking and talking!
Shopping for pleasure (plenty of exercise going round the shops!)

farzu said:
Swimming, cycling, hot sex positions ;) and having kids, wear sexy clothes and lots more

Hahah I agree with the hot sex positions !!! And I'd like to do the race for life !

Hahah I agree with the hot sex positions !!! And I'd like to do the race for life !

I think...its a big goal of mine....perhaps a mini marathon, or the Brighton marathon in a few years...would be a great thing to do...Id also do it for a charity and raise money....

i want to do the race for life too, hopefully next year :rolleyes:

I'd like to run too. Be able to do exercise daily without pain or out of breath from the asthma. It would be nice to do a marathon one day... not sure though.

I'm aimimg for 5k for now. TBH, the first time I ran for a minute without stopping felt like my personal marathon-the thrill was MASSIVE !!

Hi there,

I just wanted to say that this thread is LOVELY. It's something you can look back on a year from now as a reference to how far you've come.

Please keep fighting the fight ... exercise is the best medicine when taken regularly and consistently.

My contribution:

I have my eyes set on the New York Marathon; it's been a burning ambition of mine for years ... but every journey begins by taking the first step - not talking about it :)

just sex! it dont have to be hot!!!
going out with friends and not feeling the odd one out
buying clothes i like n not what i have too
and skiing :) xx

2 years ago me and my friend went abroad and left our hubby's at home we had a great time and spent some time round the pool, my mate is skinny and i am huge or was huge should i say, i kept singing when we were in the pool 'she was afraid to come out of the water....... she wore an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polko dot bikini. WE just giggled the whole time but now i am smaller in bulkk i won't think twice will just get on with having fun, we went camping last summer and went to the baths on site there were all shapes and sizes old n young no one cared, so get yourself there, why wait. xx

just sex! it dont have to be hot!!!
going out with friends and not feeling the odd one out
buying clothes i like n not what i have too
and skiing :) xx

You've struck a chord with me with 'not feeling the odd one out' I went out last night and didn't feel self conscious , awkward or odd-just one of the gang. It was SO good not feeling the odd one out
xx

I can't wait to feel like that! I'm such a party animal but the last two years I've not really been out because I'm so conscious of my weight. I get so hot too! I hope this will fade as I shed pounds. I feel like I've got a marathon in me somewhere too. New York sounds like a good one, can go to Macy's after and stock up on new frocks!!!!! X

dinkydink said:
I can't wait to feel like that! I'm such a party animal but the last two years I've not really been out because I'm so conscious of my weight. I get so hot too! I hope this will fade as I shed pounds. I feel like I've got a marathon in me somewhere too. New York sounds like a good one, can go to Macy's after and stock up on new frocks!!!!! X

From the day after the surgery i started feeling cold. I used to feel hot too all the time. Now i need two blankets to sleep with. I feel too cold all the time.

Back