• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here I go... or as I like to call it, 'I'm officially turning into a Snack A Jack'

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Ols you look amazing well done on your weight loss so far xx

Olsbols

Sliced and diced!!!
Thank you, T :)

Right, my MP3 player is locked and loaded and I have my chilled bottle of water and towel in the bag... I am off to the gym... wish me luck!!!

Olsbols

Sliced and diced!!!
Well, I huffed and I puffed... and I nearly fell off the back of the treadmill!!! :giggle:

I really enjoyed my first gym sesh... I spent half an hour on the treadmill, 10 mins on the bike and then I did some resistance work on the machines :)

Just took it easy and will gradually build it up... feel's great to be working out again :D

And I can't wait for the new year, when I will hopefully be able to use the Power Plate!!! I have to wait for a while, as the vibration is very strong and may damage my delicate joins!!!

x

hopelesscase

ols i have a powerplate but its the domestic one so not as strong as the ones in the gym but i love it.
jump on it every morning really wakes me up.
HC

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Well done Ols on your first trip to the gym. sounds like you really enjoyed it! there will be no stopping you now!! london marathon next hun??? x

Olsbols

Sliced and diced!!!
london marathon next hun??? x

Only if you're willing to push me round the course in a wheelbarrow!!! :rolleyes: :cool:

Teehehe... :giggle:

Well, I have broken my back molar on... wait for it... a flippin' ricecake!!! :eek:

I was chomping on a ricecake yesterday and felt something rather crunchy... turned out to be a bit of my tooth!!! So, off to the Dentist next week... deep joy!!!

x

Olsbols

Sliced and diced!!!
ols i have a powerplate. I jump on it every morning really wakes me up

I can think of nicer things to jump on to wake myself up in the morning... ;)

Snigger :giggle:

Only pulling your leg, HC... glad you've found something that you enjoy. It really is important to enjoy the exercise you choose to do, isn't it? :)

x

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass

Only pulling your leg, HC... glad you've found something that you enjoy. It really is important to enjoy the exercise you choose to do, isn't it? :)

x
Oh Yes Ols and what that might be that you would rather jump on to wake yourself up!!! think Richard is too busy with Shel to oblige;) x

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
No no Ollie can have him :D

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Now now ladies you could share!!! sure there must be another site somewhere for that;)x

don't think Richard would know what hit him!!!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

hopelesscase

x

Pmpl ols believe me if i could find something else to jump on and wake me up i would:whistle::whistle:

Olsbols

Sliced and diced!!!
Hmmm...

Feeling really cr*ppy at the mo... it comes in waves... one minute I am ok, then rather tearful and not really in the mood to follow a healthy eating regime at all, and then I crave my salad again :(

I've been snacking too much on SAJ popcorn... three packs yesterday... ok, so that's not even 100 cals, but I feel so down that as soon as I start to have a bad time, I fall back into my bad habit of snacking on nonsense foods :sigh:

Actually, I am quite angry with myself... :mad:

Anyhow, I am trying to feel a bit more positive. I am meeting up with a really close mate on Wednesday for a day of pampering, gossip and a movie, so I am looking forward to that and trying to just keep my head down and ride the storm...

It happens to us all, I guess... :rolleyes:

And sorry if I haven't really replied to anyone's posts much... I am leaving my lappie on, and just popping on once in a while... I will have a proper reply sesh when I feel like I can reply with something worthwhile!!!

x

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
:hug99: huge hugs for you Ols, you know where I am if you want to offload.

its a hard part of this journey, re-training your brain not to comfort eat. For me, a huge part of that is talking about whatever it is thats bothering me, instead of bottling it up and burying it with food. I've not got it sussed completely lol, but I'm trying :)

So anytime you want to talk, just shout.

hopelesscase

ols without wanting to sound selfish just by you posting how you feel and the stuggles you are experiancing is a great help. It is very relevant and worthwile although you may feel as though yr not benifiting from it.
Hope bu being able to share with people who are going through what you are enables you to have a better day tomorrow and although i still have a long way to go on my journey having this contact with all of you who are so much futher along the road is so benificial.
take care
HC

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi Ols, hope you are feeling a bit better today. your right i think it hits us all at some point and i can fully relate to what you are saying about it coming and going! enjoy your pamper day you deserve it. take care hun xx

Olsbols

Sliced and diced!!!
its a hard part of this journey, re-training your brain not to comfort eat.

For me, a huge part of that is talking about whatever it is thats bothering me, instead of bottling it up and burying it with food.

Cripes, isn't it just... :rolleyes: :eek:

The trouble with me is that I am not much of a talker when I am feeling down... I prefer to just keep my head down and deal with it. Sometimes that dealing involves food, and other times it involves some good music ;)

I guess I must change my habits in so many different areas :sigh:

Thanks for the offer, baba... x

Last edited:

Olsbols

Sliced and diced!!!
HC and Tammy...

It does help to just offload at times, and I was in two minds as to whether or not to post how I was feeling today, but I am glad I did :eek:

I think it's important to remember that the bypass... infact, any WLS.... is not a cure for all life's problems, and even though the weight will come off, I will still have the same life, with the same sh*t and the same worries. OK, some of those worries that are related to my weight will have gone, but other issues are still there... :sigh:

Ahhh well... time to switch on my music and chill for a while.

Thanks girlies... :hug99:

x

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I'm the same Ols, I tend to hide myself away when I get low. Lupus causes depression so every so often it hits me with a vengeance for absolutely no reason.

You're spot on with the habits though, there's alot more to this bypass malarkey than just eating less and chewing lots.

Olsbols

Sliced and diced!!!
Absolutely... but I have to say, I am feeling a bit more brighter now, especially after the wonderful banter on certain threads in the last hour or so ;)

Thanks... you guys are a tonic :D x

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Absolutely... but I have to say, I am feeling a bit more brighter now, especially after the wonderful banter on certain threads in the last hour or so ;)

Thanks... you guys are a tonic :D x

So would I be right in saying that what you are actually trying to say here is that I have single handedly raised you from your dumps with my outstanding wit, humour and bonhomie?

I thought so :D