• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I being too pushy

amy_m

I rang SRH today to ask what number I am on the wl, the very nice PA of Mr Small told me that they are workin very fast and that they were having a meeting this afternoon to go over the diaries. She asked for my number so she could ring me back after that.

Well its half four and I haven't heard anything do I ring back or just get depressed xxx

Ring back... I pestered my surgeons secretary so much pre-op that we were on first name terms by the time I had my op! :D

Tiggerific said:
Ring back... I pestered my surgeons secretary so much pre-op that we were on first name terms by the time I had my op! :D

Hahaha love it!!!!
Yeah phone mate :) xxx

from me phone :D

yep deffinantly phone, whats the worst that can happen!!

Lol I upset them so they keep putting me to the bottom of the list.

I'll ring back tomo won't be able to sleep tonight for the anticipation.

Xxx

Pick up the phone say you can't remember if they said they'd ring you ar you've to ring back :) simples

Rang hospital back they have confirmed they were going to give me a slot in nov but they have had to offer it to someone else no explanations no nothing.

Very upset and don't want to carry on x :(

Rang hospital back they have confirmed they were going to give me a slot in nov but they have had to offer it to someone else no explanations no nothing.

Very upset and don't want to carry on x :(
omg :( did u ask when you would get your slot? i know its disappointing but u must carry on, we're all here for you (((hugs))) xxx

Oh Hun, that's terrible news, don't give up though, it may be worth asking to go on the cancellation list, I didn't ask but I was given several cancellations so ended up going from Nov 1 st to Oct 11th. And don't worry about phoning the secretary, it's their job to deal with questions etc, if they were going to offer u a slot in Nov it prob means u r up at the top of the list and failing a cancellation will prob get a December slot. It will happen for you Hun, I know it's disheartening but when it happens it will be worth every second of your fighting for it xx (((hugs)))

If you're finding it upsetting hun you could always sit tight and let it take it's course.
You're obviously near the top of the list so start concentrating on Xmas, put op to the back of your mind then it'll be a pleasant letter/telephone call in a few weeks when your turn comes..
xx

They said 6 months. I'm on the cancellation list and also short notice.

Why couldn't she just say they couldn't get me in I would of rather she lied to me then tell me I had a slot but they had to give it to someone else.

Thank you all for being there xx

Amy,

I was given a date in September but, the week before, when I rang to query when I'd get a letter confirming my date I was told they weren't operating on that date.

I was then told at the start of October that it will be at least the middle to end of December before I even reach the top of the list! I now doubt my survery will happen this year.

We have to stay strong and take these setbacks no matter how they make us feel - at least you're at the top of the list, imagine that person who they had to postpone you for - how ill must they be to be pudhed up a list whete everyone has to wait.

Good luck for the time your new date arrives and celebrate starting your new life when the time comes,

Tatiana

Chin up hun. And think of enjoying xmas!! If nothing else it will be a welcome gift if you get in earlier xx

Thanks everyone for ur kind words and u have all managed to build my morale up.

I just wanted to start the new year as the new me but well it will happen when it happens I've waited all my life well most of it do a couple of months won't kill me.

Here's the thing I don't actually know where I am on the list I keep asking and they keep avoiding the question lol but keep coming up with we'll ring if there's cancellations etc.

Xx

take care love.

love youhave got to carry on you have waited so long for this, who knows you might get a cancelation sooner than you think, and as every one is saying think of christmas comming now, and we are all here for you so dont go it alone sending all my love to you hun.xxx

:grouphugg:

Last edited:
As a friend of mine said yesterday (and she had bypass in March so knows what goes on!) there may well be people who, when offered surgery this close to Christmas, can't bear the thought of missing out so mught decline for now!

Fingers crossed for us both that we move rapidly up the list!

Tatiana

Last edited:
As a friend of mine said yesterday (and she had bypass in March so knows what goes on!) there may well be people who, when offered surgery this close to Christmas, can't bear the thought of missing out so mught decline for now!

Fingers crossed for us both that we move rapidly up the lust!

Tatiana
nothing quite like moving up the lust :D

Back