• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How rude!

jenny17

Just rang SRH and spoke to Mr Schroeder's secretary to check that they had the correct contact details for me (which turns out that they didn't have any), so it was a good job I rang. the person I spoke to was very curt and clearly just wanted me off the phone asap. She wouldn't confirm for definite that I had actually been put on the list on the 8th Dec, wanted to check as I haven't received any paperwork, and when I asked about the current waiting list she just said that I would be seen within 6 months, before transferring me to registration for me to update my contact details.

And I thought it was supposed to be a 'caring profession'.

There are some fantastic people working for the nhs but sadly there are some people who are just there for the money and have no idea that it is meant to be a 'caring' profession. I have made the mistake of speaking to Mr Schroeder's secretary in the past and found her to be completely ignorant.

However, Mr Small's secretary is lovely! I emailed her to confirm that I had gone on the list and got a lovely and detailed email back: [email protected] x

The letter I received regarding my first consultant appointment had Mr Schroeder's name on it, but I didn't see him on the day. The first time I met him was when I had my endoscopy. I presume then that he will be performing my surgery.

I only wanted to check that I was definitely on the list, because I have received a copy of the letter that has gone to my GP after every appointment, but had nothing this time.

Are you under Mr Small, Newcy?

Mr Small's secretary said that I am on the waiting list for Mr Schroeder and my appointment cards have usually said him but I have never met him. All of my letters have said Mr B or Mr M but I've never met them either. I saw Mr Gupta at my surgeon's appointment and at my endoscopy. Mr Small's secretary's email address was the only one I had and she replied quickly - I just basically wanted to check that I was on the waiting list too x

I will give that e-mail address a try, thanks very much Newcy :)

Hi there Jenny and Newcy, I was wondering if you can help me. I received a letter on Saturday, what SRH has sent my doctor. And originally my doctor does not want me to have the bypass, what I have opted for. she wants me to have the band. Can she say no to me getting the opp, now am in the progress with the hospital? and also in my letter it says for my doctor to send me for sleep studies to rule out sleep apnoea. what will happen then? I haven't got a clue.

Hi there Jenny and Newcy, I was wondering if you can help me. I received a letter on Saturday, what SRH has sent my doctor. And originally my doctor does not want me to have the bypass, what I have opted for. she wants me to have the band. Can she say no to me getting the opp, now am in the progress with the hospital? and also in my letter it says for my doctor to send me for sleep studies to rule out sleep apnoea. what will happen then? I haven't got a clue.

Hi Caraline, I'm sorry I am not able to help you with this unfortunately. My doctor never expressed a preference at which type of WLS he felt I should have. In fact I haven't seen him since the date he referred me, although I have been copied into the letters from SRH to my doctor, but they were purely information and it has never been suggested that I need any sleep apnoea tests. From what I understand from other people on here, it is important that the hospital are aware of any potential sleep apnoea in case of any anaesthetic issues.

Hopefully someone else will have more experience and be able to answer this for you :)

I can't help with the sleep studies as never had one BUT as far as I know the surgery you receive has nothing to do with your gp as your surgeon will determine which surgery is best for you - did your gp give a reason?

I doubt your gp has a say so I wouldn't worry about it hun. Hope the sleep study goes well x

cheers Jenny, for letting me no I just dont have a clue, it also says that my case is getting disussed further at the forthcoming MDT meeting. So I guess it sounds a that maybe am a little further forward I hope. lol

At that meeting they will discuss whether to go ahead with surgery, any further investigations required etc and decide which op will suit you best. You'll get a letter confirming the outcome then you'll get an appointment to meet with the surgeon x

The letter I received regarding my first consultant appointment had Mr Schroeder's name on it, but I didn't see him on the day. The first time I met him was when I had my endoscopy. I presume then that he will be performing my surgery.

I only wanted to check that I was definitely on the list, because I have received a copy of the letter that has gone to my GP after every appointment, but had nothing this time.

Are you under Mr Small, Newcy?
Dont assume anything I was under Mr Small, Mr Balipuri did my endoscopy and Mr Mahawar the op!

I just got a response from the person you suggested, Newcy and she was really helpful. She told me I was added on Dec 8th and that it seems my consultant is Mr Mahawar. I am sure I haven't seen him yet. She made a note of my holiday on the computer so I guess that I won't be having it before 9th April (which is the day I come back ) as she said that it was not recommended that I fly until 6 weeks after the op. But I guess in the scheme of things April isn't that far away really.

That's good to know that you're definitely on the list and that they know your holiday dates. As you won't be able to fly for a bit after then they'd have to get you in pretty quickly, otherwise hopefully it'll happen as soon as you get back.

I'm hoping for 16 April onwards so the kids are back to school after the Easter hols so I might see you there x

Mr Mahawar done my op hes lovely, april will be here b4 u no it xx

That's good to know that you're definitely on the list and that they know your holiday dates. As you won't be able to fly for a bit after then they'd have to get you in pretty quickly, otherwise hopefully it'll happen as soon as you get back.

I'm hoping for 16 April onwards so the kids are back to school after the Easter hols so I might see you there x

It could well be you first, then you can tell me all about it :)

Back