• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Happier after phone rang.....

Tatiana

Well, I was feeling pretty crap earlier on today and anyone who read my update of my pre-op diary will know, things have all been getting on top of me recently.

This afternoon I decided to ring the central bookings office again to see if there was any news of a date for my surgery. The woman I needed to speak to was out of the office but, if I left my number, they would get her to call me when she was back. I left my mobile number in case I went out this afternoon.

About an hour later my landline rang - it was said woman! She had been in a meeting with the surgeon and he was trying to create extra lists as they were finding a number of us would not get done in the 18 week window which is important as it's such a new list.

The upshot is - I've now got a date!!!

December 16th with discharge home by December 20th - which just happens to be my 40th birthday!

Now much happier after all the moaning and low feelings recently!

Tatiana

Last edited:
oh Tatiana im so pleased for you!!!!!!! woohoo :) xxx

Oh wow what a great xmas present hun, well done xxx

Fantastic news hunni :)

hi my name is sue, i am going private for the band, only rung up mon, consultant appointment on tues 1st Nov. paid £500 deposit for op on the 8th Nov, things have moved so quick and i really hope my consultation goes ok??? rome was built in a day with me lolx

Good luck Sue, my journey has been longer and it's almost 2 years to the day since my GP wrote to the PCT for funding - where I am funding has to be in place before GP's can refer patients to hospital consultants.

Certainly the private route is much quicker than NHS and often there aren't the same requirements/hoops to be jumped through from firdt appointment to surgery!

Tatiana

Congratulation what I Christmas it's going to be for you :) and what a great new year. There are quite a few of us getting are surgeries in the next couple of months looking forward to hearing how your surgery has gone and the start of your new life as I will soon be following u on 4th jan :) x x x

lamornamiss said:
Turkey and christmas pud soup!!
Anyone got a recipe LOL
Congrats Hun

Lamornamiss,

Hmm, not sure I like the sound of that as a combination but perhaps turkey soup for lunch and Brandy sauce for supper!

Looking at the post-op diet plan I'll be on 200mls of fluids 6 times a day by Christmas day!

Tatiana

Awesome I'm so glad for you. I can empathise with you- it's taken 2 1/2 years to get funding for me!

Well done Hun so happy for you xxx

Congratulations! I could feel how down and dissapointed you were in your last few points. I am really pleased for you. You'd better start getting organised for christmas now. :)

Vespa said:
Awesome I'm so glad for you. I can empathise with you- it's taken 2 1/2 years to get funding for me!

Well done Hun so happy for you xxx

Thanks Vespa,

I've had my funding since April last year, it's been getting from that point to surgery that took so long! I waited 8 months for one appointment and another 8 weeks from then to it being presented again to MDT and being added to waiting list!

All done now though!

Tatiana

snooky said:
Congratulations! I could feel how down and dissapointed you were in your last few points. I am really pleased for you. You'd better start getting organised for christmas now. :)

Thanks Snooky,

Bought about 1/2 my Christmas presents so far, got 7 weeks to get the rest, wrap them and get them moved to my sister's (along with clothes etc as staying with her for couple of weeks post-op).

Think the biggest shock is coming out of hospital and celebrating my 40th as I start my new, slimmer life!

Tatiana

I am so pleased for you Tatiana ;) x x

Aw Tatiana, I cannot tell you happy I am for you, sweetpea ... good things come to those who wait ... & you sure have waited ... woohoo, great birthday/christmas present. Sod christmas dinner, you can have one in november or even january, lol xxx :D:D:D

So pleased after all the posts of your trials and tribulations to see you finally getting the news you've been waiting for.

Good luck for 20/12/11.

Back