• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i eating too much?

Borolass

This is on average the amount in eating a day 3 weeks post opp. I'm worried it's too much?
1/2 tub fage Greek yoghurt
Quorn chicken tikka masala & rice 5 desert spoons
1pint water
5 desert spoons stewing steak, onions, mushrooms gravy n creamy mash
5 teaspoons ^^
2 pints water

Last edited:
Boro...I'm wondering why your not on liquids still?
4 weeks is recommended for each stage so you heal properly?
Or have you been advised differently?
These hospitals all have diff guidelines for the same op..it seems odd.

Hi I've had gastric bypass surgery, at North tees hospital u.k, I'm on puréed foods for 1-4 weeks then start soft foods 4-6 weeks and then start solids after then, the diet programs are different to those in the usa.

I can only speak for myself but when I was at week 3 post off I was dreaming of the foods your eating! I was still on liquiss about to move to purees soft boiled eggs till sipping water and eating those tiny pre made custard portions it took me many weeks to eat even the most softest of mince and only 1 spoon at most

Hi boro

I had my bypass done in manchester and they advise 4 full weeks on each stage,
If your 3 weeks post op,are u ok with eating quorn and rice?

Your on puree stage? So I'm assuming that you have whizzed them up.

My post op instructions were very similar to yours, and i can quite happily say that that was roughly what i was eating at the same point.

As long as you have ensured the consistency is correct, then that looks like a nice balance. As time progresses you may find that 4 or 5 meals a day are actually better.

It certainly is, each hospital/country have different guidelines and it's confusing when you read others progress and diets on this site ?

Honestly Borolass, you need to follow YOUR providers guidance. And don't be afraid of ringing them up to ask for some support and just to check your food diary with you.

Back