• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Am I exercising too much?

Ines4C

I have planned to eat about 1039 cal today. However, I have just done 35 minutes of step ups on my stepstool and have found out that I have burned 857 cal. I exercise every other day, only two days ago I burned 1500 cal and only eight about 900. Do you guys think I am doing too much?

I am prep op but was just thinking this yesterday. I plan on starting a bootcamp as soon as I am allowed. This will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 45 minutes. I know this will be quite hardcore.

If you're using mfp to track your exercise, be aware that it seriously seriously overestimates the number of cals you're using. 35 mins of step would be nearer 200 cals.

For the most accurate readings of calories burned it is best to get a fitness heart rate monitor. You can get one from Tesco for £20. You would be surprised, especially when you still have weight to lose just how many calories you are burning. Whether that works out the same as MFP I don't know but I like using mine (Although I'm not sure where it is right now). As for doing too much, as long as you aren't physically over doing it and suffering from it, it sounds ok to me. I think it's a bit like that calories, working out what is best for you.

I don't know what to suggest hon :/ It must be very difficult - I admire how hard you work at this.

I know, there are so many gadgets for the blind, you'd think somebody would already have invented a heart rate monitor that talks to you... Lol

I know, there are so many gadgets for the blind, you'd think somebody would already have invented a heart rate monitor that talks to you... Lol

Surely there must be something like that?

Yes, at a horrendously high price which Blind people on benefits can't pay... Companies seem to love making money out of that. Oh well, will do my best with what I have.

Yes, at a horrendously high price which Blind people on benefits can't pay... Companies seem to love making money out of that. Oh well, will do my best with what I have.

Completely unfair. Maybe just go with MFP as a guide, maybe it isn't completely correct but it should give you a rough idea. This site does as well
Exercise Calories Burned Calculator - I actually found MFP said less calories for the same activity but it was similar. So I think it should all be used a rough guide.

As long as you feel alright don't worry. I can't believe for one minute that amount of exercise burns that many Cals. I love MFP but its bonkers with exercise, I don't track mine. I just consider it a bonus x

I'm 8 weeks post op and last week joined a bootcamp/circuit class 3 times a week for 6 weeks but since going I av no energy tired all the time am I doing to much or do I try and increase my calories????

Back