• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

am I losing weight too fast?

Amrac1

Hi all,
I am 19 days post gastric bypass and I had 1 week pre op milk diet. I have lost an amazing 49lbs! I am thrilled with this but is it too much too quickly? I'm sure I will be on here moaning about plateauing soon but please someone reassure me.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Dont worry the bigger you are the faster you loose it. But it eventually slows down so take advantage. Make sure you get yr fluids in and keep the protien up.
take care
Carole

This is the Golden period make the most of it,it will slow down!

Hi all,
I am 19 days post gastric bypass and I had 1 week pre op milk diet. I have lost an amazing 49lbs! I am thrilled with this but is it too much too quickly? I'm sure I will be on here moaning about plateauing soon but please someone reassure me.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Omg ur doing fab, how much did u lose since ur bypass. We had our ops the same day can u pls post what u r eating daily as i have a weight stall at the mo and would luv to see what someone who is exactly the same stage as me is eating.
Congrats again, dont worry about ur loss as have been told it all levels out in the end and as long as ur eating and drinking enough then ur ok. I lost 27lbs in the pre op then the first 6 days and since then have stalled, but am shrinking big time :) but in all i have lost 5 stone since June.
Take care luv Roch xxx

Hi,
yesterday I ate
1/2 weetabix
puree crab,egg cucumber and mayo 3tablespoons
probiotic yogurt
milky coffee
I am struggling to drink enough - the most I can manage is about 1 litre but I am tring to up this.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow Amrac that's fantastic! Everyone is different is how quickly and how much weight they lose. As long as you are eating and drinking enough and feel ok, just enjoy it. Well done you!

Wow that is fantastic. Just make the most of it and don't worry :)

I think everyone loses weight after Op (or whatever diet/eating plan they do) at their own unique pace...our bodies are all so different I think you can get worked up if you try and conform to an average or compare with someone else. It's never going to be the same for us all. As long as you're doing what you're supposed to be doing and you feel well then I wouldn't worry. Take it as it comes x

Back