• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I missing something??

Gnomes

I am doing a quick trial for the pre-op, just to see how I'll cope. I am doing the 1000kcal one.
I expected to be really really hungry and struggle loads, but ........ I'm not?? I don't want to sound big headed because I know how most people really do struggle, but I just want to check I'm not missing something?
I expected the 'ketosis ' to kick in after 3 - 5 days, and well, nothing? does it happen to everyone? I'm waiting for the sweet taste and yukky breath to start!

I seem to be loosing weight (not that, that's what this for)

Am I missing something?

Thanks all x

I didnt get the breath thing but did have a carb headache!

After the first couple of days on the low fat/ low carb diet, I hardly felt hungry either, and don't remember getting bad breath. But, I lost 12 lbs pre op, and my liver had shrunk enough, so, no I don't think you're missing anything xx

I was previously given a date for surgery and completed a week of the pre-op diet (my hospital has 4 options ranging from low fat/low cal/low carb diet to 5 pints milk and milk/soup combinations). I never experienced the carb headache or symptoms of ketosis - though I did manage to lose 10lbs!

Tatiana

Thanks all, apparently I am doing this right, saw consultant this morning and he's really pleased with me loosing 2 stone in 2 months (so am I) and advised me to stay on this diet as 1 - it's doing me good and 2 - he's put me on his 'stand by in case of cancellations' list for my op, so I could get a call anytime now, woo hoo!!

He didn't mention anything about 10 days, just said as I was on the cancellations list to stay on it (ish) until I here from them and get my min 2 weeks notice, then stick to it like glue!

My theory is, what harm can it do? and you can stop anytime

Good luck x

You can stay on one of the 5 pre-op diets for up to 6 weeks with Heartlands.

Back