• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

am i normal

Hello all,

Ive been reading this site for about 1 month now i had my band fitted 5th march 09...i hear people mention the pain in their shoulder due to gas i havent experienced that just a very bad pain between my breast when i need to burp and then goes am i normal????:break_diet:

Cant offer any advice Cherry but didnt want to read and run. Im sure a bander will be along soon to explain. x

i only got it very early post op not any more i think the band effects us all differently so dont stress xx

Hi being a bypasser i cannot comment on the gas/pain but welcome to mini's and to the losing team

Hiya I had my band done on the 2nd. I know what pain you are talking about but can't describe it in words lol. Also I still have pain and discomfort (different to the one you mentioned) in the the place where my port has been placed. It's almost as if it digs in me when I bend down. Just wondering if you have this?

The pain is supposed to be wind as they pump you up whilst doing the op...I had the bypass and never suffered with an ounce of wind so not everyone gets it....welcome to minis..xx

Hi I am 4 weeks post op and still get wind pains in my shoulder whenever I eat or drink things, also just learning what I can and cant eat, some things sit like a lead balloon hardly eating anything now but not losing apparently my body has gone into starvation mode anyone else having these probs
Sandra

Hi im new to this sight, and as i am having a bypass i dont really know but thought id bob in and say hi x

hi prinny and everyone who messaged me.
i do get the same feeling like my port is digging in to me esp when im sat down for long periods of time and bending it seems to be really bruised in that area also...i also not getting full at all and i can eat more yogurts and soup than at the start of the week im really worried i have caused the band to slip.

HI,

I'm newe to the site but have had a band for 2 years, long story but im getting a bypass next month.
The pain your talking about in my experince comes in different ways, you can get a pain initially after your op cos they fill you full of gas, this can come and go for ages. also, the pain in your port will be cos of bruising, remember they have messed about with your insides quite a lot and it will take a good while to heal fully. When you over eat you get a pain which can be in your shoulder or in your port area(im presuming your port is in the bust area). The reason your eating more is that your not getting a feeling of fullness with your sloppy food, maybe its time to move on to slightly stickier food like mashed potatoes, veg etc but please check with your surgeon don't jsut take my advise....hope this helps a little.

Take care x

Cherry I too have been having more yougurts etc than I should! I do not feel at the minute like I have any liquid cut off point and was worried the same as you about the band slipping. If I think with my straight head on though I really believe it would take a fair bit of proper food to overdo it and get our bands to slip. I have also been worried though about going into starvation mode so have been trying to keep my calorie intake up enough. I am due a fill soon, cherry when are you having yours? I can't wait because at the minute it feels as if it was all worthless because I have no restriction!

hi prinny, i have had some mash and veg and i felt fuller i know they told me 2 weeks liquid but i was really hungry....im waiting for my x-ray apppointment to come through so im going to pay for a fill at that stage but im still alittle worried as ive lost 18lb so far but as i eat more im sure il gain alittle back...my friend had a bad in october and she doesnt work with the band what so ever and was eating proper food from day one and she has not lost anything but she has not had a fill either and her band hasnt slipped so i agree with u the about a high volume of food to make the band slip... dont worry prinny as the nurse said to me when she called that the bands are stitched in to place as i was worried about to much bending causing problems..

I have just had my first plate of scrambled egg with a sprinkle of cheese today cherry! My god I could have eaten it three times over! We are at the same stages then with our band I had mine done on the 2nd. I haven't lost as much weight as you though but I am nearly at the stone mark, not quite but nearly! I have such an appetite though and it is taking everything I have got to not eat like I used to. I am so foul and mardy too, don't know if anyone else gets like that when they are hungry. I just hope that I am not going to feel miserable and hungry for the rest of my life lol!

i had beef stew today and it was very nice but im sooooooooooo full now and i only had a small bowl..im sure as soon as u find the right restriction on the band over the next few months u will be fine...i had my band op at dolan park in b'ham what about u?

Dolan Park also:D. Well after writing that earlier I decided to have some mashed spud and veg. I used my little girls plate and I can't get over it, I had one parsnip, one blob of spud and one blob of carrot/swede. I couldn't even eat it all! I really wanted to push it but I have had self control as I know what can happen. The biggest thing I have missed today is not drinking with and after my food and my head is still hungry lol. Have you got your xray date through? and which provider/surgeon did you have? Just because I am nosey and want to compare notes ha ha. I came out with an xray date but need to ring them to add the fill. I have got to go all the way to manchester!

Back