• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i too young for a bypass?

positive future said:
Hello Rachel, I don't have any advice to give as i am not having surgery but my daughter will be at some point. She is 18 this summer and her BMI is over 50. not sure what surgery she would be recommended for as we have not seen a consultant face to face only had personal advice from a couple. An NHS referral for her has failed du to being under 18 and she is seeing a dietician who works with people to prepare them for surgery. She had a conversation last night with me and she feels that the bypass is scarey as it is permanently life changing and she is also so young. I guess it is all alot to get your head around. Interstingly she can go through periods of not eating for a long time then eating lots in a short space of time. These are the things she is working through with the dietician and doing really well at too. lovely to see posts on here from other young people. I origionally went on here to meet other young people in the hope that maybe me and my daughter could meet up with somone young like her just for some mutual support. Hoping my daughter will join this sight soon. i guess the decision is a clinical one and like all other surgery there is an element of trusting someone's clinical opinion. Still i am not in a place to give advice. Hope you work it all out.

Thanks, it is quite scary... There are a lot of things to look into. I want it to be perminant. Yeah she.should get on here its great. Everyone is nice you can see everyones progress and get tips

Back