• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Too young for a bypass?

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Ooh, Caren is really interested in getting her qualification in these areas ... really not joking. It would be great for her to train so she can get away from bus driving & all the stress this gives her :):) xx

Well we often meet people for a reason. Maybe this is one of them times :D

It was the stripogram comment earlier!!! Lol

Maybe we would sweep our knees though. Especially post op lol

Noooo, silly sausage :eek: I said kissograms not strippograms ... She has standards our Caren, lol
And they would have to be some tassles to sweep your knees from your height, honey ... be fine after your boob job though, lol xxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Noooo, silly sausage :eek: I said kissograms not strippograms ... She has standards our Caren, lol
And they would have to be some tassles to sweep your knees from your height, honey ... be fine after your boob job though, lol xxx

Well I don't have so my standards, so stripogram her I come!! Lol

My boobs may shrink from an F. Not sure what state they will be in lol

But yes, a boob job would be on the cards lol

That's silly, as far as the woman I saw at weight management was concerend, its more about weather its just a few stone you need to loose or weather you have a whole life load of weight to shift and make sure U keep it off, I just had sleeve dun and after I have lost quite a bit and had a baby they are going to turn it into a bypass to try and ensure I don't put weight like this back on again, as it will completely retrain my mind with food x

emmalouise1989 said:
That's silly, as far as the woman I saw at weight management was concerend, its more about weather its just a few stone you need to loose or weather you have a whole life load of weight to shift and make sure U keep it off, I just had sleeve dun and after I have lost quite a bit and had a baby they are going to turn it into a bypass to try and ensure I don't put weight like this back on again, as it will completely retrain my mind with food x

Thank you Emma :)

And what an exciting time ahead for you! Good luck with all the new steps :D

I'll be 53 before I have op, and I really wish I has been able to have it at your age. When I look back to my daughters childhood, she was the one with the fat mum that sat and watched her play and run, not with the mum that could play and run with her. There were rides she couldn't go on because she needed an adult with her and I was too big to go on with her. I also developed diabetes in my early thirties and god only know what damage that may have done to my body, also high blood pressure in my late thirties. So as far as I can see, you are the ideal age for surgery.

chris2710 said:
I'll be 53 before I have op, and I really wish I has been able to have it at your age. When I look back to my daughters childhood, she was the one with the fat mum that sat and watched her play and run, not with the mum that could play and run with her. There were rides she couldn't go on because she needed an adult with her and I was too big to go on with her. I also developed diabetes in my early thirties and god only know what damage that may have done to my body, also high blood pressure in my late thirties. So as far as I can see, you are the ideal age for surgery.

Thank you very much for sharing that Chris. I totally feel everything you say. I loved fair rides and can't go on any. I have to beg other family members who are not keen to go on them with my boys. Feels crap.

Only recently been able to go back on waltzers and scramblers. Couldn't dream of going on rollercoasters, won't take them to waterworld as scared I would get stuck in the flumes with the 3 year old.

I want to change this now. My 9 year old has had people tease him at school. That's cuts me more than anything :(

I need to change this now!

Luckily my kids have never been teased , but they have missed out . Once I am at a reasonable weight I thinly I will treat the three of us to a break at alton towers , they do a 2 day pass , 1 day in the park & 1 in the spa

Thank you very much for sharing that Chris. I totally feel everything you say. I loved fair rides and can't go on any. I have to beg other family members who are not keen to go on them with my boys. Feels crap.

Only recently been able to go back on waltzers and scramblers. Couldn't dream of going on rollercoasters, won't take them to waterworld as scared I would get stuck in the flumes with the 3 year old.

I want to change this now. My 9 year old has had people tease him at school. That's cuts me more than anything :(

I need to change this now!
oh that must cut like a knife :( bless his heart xxx

Caren said:
oh that must cut like a knife :( bless his heart xxx

I know :(

One said your mom is fat, hope she's dead by tomorrow, others say your mom is fat and ugly like you. And all other comments. He unfortunately goes to a school with very spiteful kids in it. I am nowhere near the size of some. But being big makes him a target and I need to change it. I have also changed the whole households eating habits. I want my kids to learn from now. The 9 year old is chubby. Want to nip it in the bud now. Save him this heartache xxx

Coming into this thread late (had other things on my mind LOL!) Totally agree with the other comments about the WM chappie. He has absolutely no idea that the reason your weight loss has recently improved is because your head is in the right place because you have the potential 'reward' of WLS to help you continue losing.

Take that potential promise away, and the motivation will slip, and there is no way you would maintain any significant loss.

Stick to your guns Sophie, and concentrate on the people whose opinions actually affect funding.

With regards your 9 year old - this must be really distressing for both of you. Can his teacher help in nipping any nasty comments in the bud?

Fingers crossed on that funding letter soon.

FuturePerfect said:
Coming into this thread late (had other things on my mind LOL!) Totally agree with the other comments about the WM chappie. He has absolutely no idea that the reason your weight loss has recently improved is because your head is in the right place because you have the potential 'reward' of WLS to help you continue losing.

Take that potential promise away, and the motivation will slip, and there is no way you would maintain any significant loss.

Stick to your guns Sophie, and concentrate on the people whose opinions actually affect funding.

With regards your 9 year old - this must be really distressing for both of you. Can his teacher help in nipping any nasty comments in the bud?

Fingers crossed on that funding letter soon.

What could have been soooo important? Lol (joking of course lol)

That's what I told him! I said I am
Losing weight because I want to shoe I am ready and wanting the bypass. I said without that as my goal I would have given up months ago!

The school have been very pro active in trying to help. There fast action has helped kill quite a bit of the bullying he was going through.

So hopefully before he goes secondary school he will have a tall, slim, drop dead gorgeous mom! (rofl! Would love to ever have that image of myself lol)

Thanks for your support Cathi xxx

I know :(

One said your mom is fat, hope she's dead by tomorrow, others say your mom is fat and ugly like you. And all other comments. He unfortunately goes to a school with very spiteful kids in it. I am nowhere near the size of some. But being big makes him a target and I need to change it. I have also changed the whole households eating habits. I want my kids to learn from now. The 9 year old is chubby. Want to nip it in the bud now. Save him this heartache xxx

Aww Sophie ... that is so sad ... kids can be so vicious. If you had any doubts, (which I know you don't) then this is a good enough reason to press ahead on it's own. Hugs to your little boy, bless him :hug99::hug99:

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Aww Sophie ... that is so sad ... kids can be so vicious. If you had any doubts, (which I know you don't) then this is a good enough reason to press ahead on it's own. Hugs to your little boy, bless him :hug99::hug99:

Thanks Twink xxx

You are right. I told the surgeon and dietician when they asked me for a list of motivations. They both totally understood why it is so important to me.

When my son gets hurt with me being called names, I feel it's me hurting him. My lack of self control is causing him pain.

So yes, more than enough reason to press ahead :) xxx

Nina02332 said:
I am 33 and scheduled for November 29th

Good luck!!!! :)

What a stupid Doctor!!! would he rather see you in your early 50s with knackered hips, spine and knees, I wish I had my bypass in my 20s, I would'nt be looking at knee and hip replacements now.... Yes all caused by being over weight. Stick to your gun's and dont let him tell you any different...:D

i-wanna-be-slim said:
What a stupid Doctor!!! would he rather see you in your early 50s with knackered hips, spine and knees, I wish I had my bypass in my 20s, I would'nt be looking at knee and hip replacements now.... Yes all caused by being over weight. Stick to your gun's and dont let him tell you any different...:D

Thank you very much and I agree! :D xxx

Back