• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my dad....

I've PM'd you hun xx

Thanks sam. Pm'd you back. Anyone got any spare wishes? x

Sweetheart - if your mum and dad won't go to and seek financial advise then why don't you go and see if anything can be done in order to help your dad's health.

I wish there was something more i could do to help i feel so useless just typing in a message - but you know your not alone and you do need to look after yourself properly (if you become ill it won't help anyone)

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to help you to remain calm x

Hi FEDUP
I`m really sorry to hear about your dad . He really needs this surgery you know . My marriage broke up last year and I was worried sick about the bills and the mortgage and the debt . I made an appointment with the citizens advice bureau and they sent letters to the debt people and got the payment really low . I was a month behind with the mortgage and I asked them could I pay them £25 a month to pay it off and they said it was OK . Its just making the first move maybe you could go with your mum . Good luck to you hun and your family and take care .
MARGARET XX
YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME TO PM ME .

i just wanted to send a big hug :gen126:
people have given some great advise on here. i do believe there is always a solution - i definately think the mortgage company will be open to negitiate with your mum and dad (especially in the current financial climate), also a trip to the CAB is a great idea. They can be incredibily helpful.
Families are such a worry!! :sigh:
xxxx

Thanks all for replying.

I REALLY REALLY want him to have the op. But since he lost his permanent job last year, things have been really bad with money for them, and theyre basically robbing peter to pay paul. I think they are one month behind on the mortgage already, and other debts, so i think mortgage company are on their backs already.

I text him earlier saying my mam had told me what the nurse had said, and that he really needed to try to lose weight, and i wasnt ready for him to die, and i loved him to bits (i never say things like that to him, so hoping that was a shock too) and he txt back saying "lol - im not going anywhere", dunno if thats him not taking it seriously, tho he said to my mam it was a shock, or if its him trying to reassure me.

I even thought about fundraising for him, just to get the money for him to take 6 weeks off, but dunno where to start. Any ideas? Carboot etc, not sure?

He's heading for a major heart attack, or huge stroke, and if his veins are all ready blocked up causing the neuropathy, god knows what his heart is like.

I wish i could win the lottery

Well tell him to watch his mortgage, miss 3 payments and they will forclose on the deal, sorry to be negative just trying to warn you. I don't know how much they are in debt for but thing's can be sorted out with alot of companies, lower payments etc. His health is far more important.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad, That must be really awfull for you.
Just wanted to send you a big hug and hope things get sorted for your dad, I wish I could say and help, but the advise given already is what i was thinking, Your dads health is more important than money.x

There no question in my mind. He has to have the op! And the devil take the consequences. There is no choice. You know what has to be done, and you're doing all the right things.
I wish you all the very best in getting him to do it
Good luck
hugs

yes he has to have the op i agree...

as for finances i hope they sort themselves out for your family[in this recession loads of people are struggling with finances and worrying about job losses:cry::cry::cry::cry:..i am myself and am failing miserably to save as i am a lazy scumbag and on a vocational course and don't work]

...i am sure he has to be entitled to some money while off sick..

its such a sad story but i hope it will sort itself out and your father gets his op and with financial advice they can sort the finacnes out[yes it must be hard for your father to have being let go and have to take up agency work let alone for his health to deterorate]

Thanks to everyone who has replied. Ill reply to PM's in a bit.

Havent heard any more from anyone. I live 100miles away from them, so cant just pop round.
Im really worried cos i know he needs this op, but i feel like im pestering them if i should go on to them anymore. Id love to sit down an sort out there financial mess with my mam, i know a bit about things of the routes they can take, and who to turn to, but im not sure if my mam would disclose the details of her debt to me, or really let me help. Im not even sure she'd want to take the step of admitting theyre in trouble really.
I'll speak to my mam again on friday, but not really sure what will happen. Maybe it will be me, and i suppose them, accepting that the op wont happen, and the inevitable will happen at some point.

Back