• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And Now the Hard Work Begins -GB 12.2.09

Minimetobe

Hi All
Had my band fitted yesterday 12.2.09 at Spire Parkway in Solihull - the Surgeon (Mr Paul Super) and the staff were fantastic. Didn't have too much discomfort post op worst thing was the shoulder pain but that soon settled. It took me about 8 months to decide this was the right thing for me to do and now I'm so pleased I've finally got there. Have been taking in all the information and support shown by everyone contributing to the site and I look forward to hearing from anyone that wants to get in touch. All I need to do now is work out how to add a ticker so that I can share my weight loss with you.

snap terri lol. No minimum post requirement for a ticker, just that you will only be able to have one in your signature and nothing else as you only have a small amount of space at first.

snap terri lol. No minimum post requirement for a ticker, just that you will only be able to have one in your signature and nothing else as you only have a small amount of space at first.

i was just about to post i also tell fibs now and again lol Having another brain fart moment :brainfart:lol sorry have spanked myself severely :whoopass::D:D :D

Grand ticker :D

Terri now now don't start enjoying the spanking ;)

welcome and congratulations to you, I will look forward to hearing all about your weightloss.

congrats on having the band fitted, and welcome to the losers.

Well he certainly gets around lol - I had my band done by Dr Paul Super at Dolan Park, Bromsgrove and he said he works for an NHS hospital too lol. He knows his stuff though. Congratulations on your surgery xxx

Thanks for all your positive comments. Can't believe how tired I feel even though I've not done a lot. Still have pain in shoulder and lots of burping - does this go on for long ?

Hello
Is it normal to feel so washed out - having got home on Friday following surgery on Thursday I felt pretty good. Have taken things easy over the weekend, not pushed myself at all yet today I feel totally shattered despite having a good nights sleep. Not sure if this is just delayed post op tiredness or due to the reduction in calorie intake - did anyone else feel like this ?

Last edited:
Yes, it's quite normal, and could last a couple of weeks. It does get easier, but your body is recovering from major surgery so it's natural to be feeling a bit out of sorts.

You might find that you get a bit of post-op blues as well, so just be aware of it x

Thanks, I was feeling somewhat sorry for myself yesterday and don't know why.
I chose to have the op and know the long term benefits will far outweigh the tiredness and terrible wind pain I'm experiencing especially when I first get into bed at night.

Despite feeling tired yesterday I went for a walk along the local canal with my daughter and the fresh air did me good.

My wound sites are starting to get itchy now they are glued not stitched and I'm dying to have a long soak in the bath but can't until Saturday at the earliest !

Can enyone recommend a decent high protein supplement as the fortified milk recommended by the dietician isn't going down too well.

Hi Minimetobe!

Good to read your posts as i'm going to Dolan Park to have a band by Mr Super on 25th Feb. I felt really positive after i met him and as with most things, nothing is guaranteed, but i'm totally sure its the right thing for me. Have to start my pre-op diet in a couple of days and i can't wait. Never had an operation before or even been to hospital, my main concern is how i'm gonna feel when i wake up. I know it's different for everyone but how much pain were you in immediately after?

Hi Lucy, it wasn`t pain as such just alot of discomfort. I had wind which u get in your shoulder and that was prob the worst part of the recovery process I`d say. Good luck with your op, your in safe hands. Dr Super def knows his stuff xxx

Hi Lucy

You're definately in safe hands with Mr Super - when I first woke up in the recovery area of theatre all I could feel was a discomfort in my left shoulder which varied in intensity but was eased by the pain killers I got. To be honest I felt really well once the anaesthetic had worn off. Over the last 6 days my main problem has been wind pain (the belching kind!). The pain is still there in my left shoulder but as long as I take the pain killers on a regular basis its bareable. I do feel really tired, I sort of thought I would be back to normal by now but I'm glad I've taken 2 weeks off work to recover. I hope everything goes well and look forward to hearing how you get on.

Hi Guys,

Im alive!!! had band 14th Feb starting to feel better though now.Love reading what everyone has to say makes me feel im not alone had tears today as i felt so down in the dumps. Really struggling to stay on the liquids now as im 6 days post op and starting to feel human again but i miss my food. Id give anything to dip a bickie in a cuppa :cry: has anyone any advice on what i can have besides soups an yogurt? did everyone stay off food 14 days?? i really dont think i can do it.

Back