• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And Now the Hard Work Begins -GB 12.2.09

well done on your band and i look forward to reading your story iam going in on the 28th of feb it has took me a long time to make up my mind and iam now ready for my life change :)

OMG....how EXCITING!! Thanks to Lily White and Minimetobe for their replies, I LOVE this site - everyone is soooo helpful. Good luck with your op Lisa, by the time you go i'll be home - will definately be thinking of you as i'm sipping my liquids! Chin up Lily White, if you come across any liquids other than soups and yoghurts can you let me know? I'll be exactly where you are soon and i'm sure it won't be easy....you can do it, you only have to struggle on for another 8 days and things will look brighter.

Hi All
Had my band fitted yesterday 12.2.09 at Spire Parkway in Solihull - the Surgeon (Mr Paul Super) and the staff were fantastic. Didn't have too much discomfort post op worst thing was the shoulder pain but that soon settled. It took me about 8 months to decide this was the right thing for me to do and now I'm so pleased I've finally got there. Have been taking in all the information and support shown by everyone contributing to the site and I look forward to hearing from anyone that wants to get in touch. All I need to do now is work out how to add a ticker so that I can share my weight loss with you.

Hey Minimetobe

thanks for the post nice to know im not alone plus i got my ticker now thanks to Shelbells instructions. If youd like to chat it would be cool to have someone going through it all round the same time as me. Is it just me or are you like this ... everytime i eat something i keep expecting somethingto go wrong im so freaked out il eat the wrong thing and ruin everything. Im convinced its slipped but i think its just paranoia!!

well done on your band and i look forward to reading your story iam going in on the 28th of feb it has took me a long time to make up my mind and iam now ready for my life change :)

thanks Lisa best of luck with the op...not long to go now!!!

Nay prob Lily ;)

Hi Lily White
I understand exactly how you feel and I'm also paranoid about the band slipping, wound site infection and the fact that I'm eating hardly any protein.
For the first few days I was terrified even with regards to how much fluid to drink at any one time and measured everything. Have been living mainly on home made soups, sugar free jelly and fromage frais. I haven't actually felt hungry since the op but I'm now starting to crave foods that I know I can't have, also finding I'm having to have something every couple of hours to keep myself topped up. Today I have had a small mashed up banana for breakfast which I ate over 15 minutes without any problems. I'm still getting quite bad left shoulder pain at times but the wind pain seems to have settled. I'm off today to buy a new pair of jeans as the ones I've got are now a bit baggy - I've only lost 9lbs but it seems to have come off my tummy and bum hence the baggy jeans.
Speak soon.

you lucky cow!!! NEW JEANS ALREADY:D THATS FANTASTIC!!! thanks god its not just me you are as paranoid as i am lol. Im still swollen so i cant see any massive difference in myself yet. I was told two weeks on fluids but i couldnt stick it so ive had mash patato with soup and yesterday i had an omlette it was yummy. Some of the girls here said they were on solid food afrer one week so i think its just different surgeons. I felt fine even after the omlette but my appetite is very much back my surgeon only puts half mil in the band so i dont have any restriction at all i could eat for Ireland!! im behaving though try choc mousse if you need a sweet craving its the right texture so it wont do any harm and you can get lower fat versions so it wont ruin your weight loss but still keep the sweet tooth happy.... good talkin to ya mininme

Nay prob Lily ;)
hey Shel just read your blog, its so amazing. Just want you to know your an inspiration to the rest of us i cant beleive you've lost all your weight so quick you look fantastic and it definatley gives me the drive to keep going and not munch any chocolate bars lol thanks for being so open and sharing all this with us...we'll all be in the skinny club soon enough!!

Thanks Lily :)

:p 4 weeks post op 15lb lighter.
Hello everyone, just thought I'd post a bit of an update. Went for my 4 week dietician review last night and have lost 15lb. Can't quite believe it. I was weighing myself everyday for the first 2 weeks but stopped as I was getting a bit obsessive about it so last nights weigh in was fab news. I've been a bit worried as I have no appetite at all. My band is a small one apparently so I've started with a fair bit of restriction anyway but I though I would have started to have hunger pangs by now - I know I shouldn't complain really having spent the last 10 years stuffing my face at every opportunity but I have to make a concious effort to eat 3 times a day at the minute.
I will see my surgeon in 2 weeks who will decide if I need a band fill as there is nothing in it at the moment - dietician seems to think it might be three months before I need a fill - has anyone else lasted that long without one and is that normal with a small band ?.

Hi Lillywhite
How are you - hope your fully recovered now. I've been for my first fill today which went ok, painless procedure took about 15 minutes. Hows your weight loss - mine stopped about 3 weeks ago and I have felt a bit miserable for the past week or so hence the fill today. What sort of things are you managing to eat - I struggle with bread and haven't really tried any meat as I'm not a great meat eater anyway. The house is rapidly filling with easter eggs for my daughter just hope I have the willpower to keep my mits off them.

Back