• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another "if it were you"

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
If you were me what would you do :

I am just over 19 stone
BMI of 45
I have to go one a weight management course for 6 months before I can be referred for a band.
I go next tuesday for the 3rd time so only 3 more months after that.
I have so far lost around 10 lb i think (But then not weighed over xmas)
the dietician said 5-6 a month is great and will make operatin go better BUT can this be a trick. Can they think well if she can lose 6 lb a month on her own (well xenical but to be honest the do sweet F anyway) why give her wls.
I go to the gym when the kids are in school every morning for an hour burning upto 800 cals. I can lose the weight if I do this and eat salad everyday, but for god sake this is my life. As soon as I stop then the weight piles on and more.
What woudl you do ?
maintain weight
lose weight by eating salad and goign gym crazy
stop taking xenical ?
I have no idea, I just have my heart and mind set on the band to sort my life out once and for all.
thanks you lot
x:confused:

Hi it could be that they want to see you change your lifestyle. If it were me I would eat a healthy diet nit just salad, keep a food diary(cause by memeory xenicol has some yukkie side effects) this will also help to show that you have stuck to a low fat low sugar diet if needed.
We all on here can say we have done one diet or another and lost weight but the problem for many if not all is keeping it off, so even if you can lose it on you own will you still be that way in 2-3 years time or will tou have put some and more back on. wls is a tool to help us achieve a body that is healthy and we are happy and not just a quick fix so by showing that you understand what you need to do by losing weight i think this might help.

Thanks - yes i keep a food diary as yes xenical is bloody awful. I have keot one for a long time now it is part of my day lol
I have had so many "mishaps" with xenical. But I found reductil hopeless
Thanks

Weight loss clinics are all well and good helping you lose the weight, once I stopped though I regained the weight...I would ask them what happens to you if that happens.....but well done on your loss so far, once the needle starts moving down it sure gives motivation...xx

I just dont understand it
I am on the conveyor belt for wls why the delay. why do i need to prove anything to anyone other than the fact that I want to lose weight and have tried an dthis is the final stage.
I just think6 months weight management is a waste of my time their money and my patience.
x

Hang on in there chick its a hoop they make us jump through to prove we really want this surgery. I did everything they asked of me and had never even thought about surgery whilst doing it, I thought I would have to be a lot heavier than I was, I was 16 stone when I asked to be referred although this went up to 17 stone by the time of surgery. Some people think I did not need the surgery but with the underlying medical conditions I was approved. I was refused at first when they just looked at my weight and they said I was to attend weight management for two years, I was heart broken but gathered all the info I could from the things I had tried and sent that back. I am still convinced it was the sleep apnea that got my approval but if they ask you to jump through hoops you do it because at the end of it is the surgery and the knowledge that you will loose the weight...xx

thanks feelmuch better and will carry on
on the wii fit at mo lol
xx

thanks girls x

I dont think its just about making you jump through hoops. WLS is a complete life change and attending these clinics allows you time to address yr relationship with food. I had done lipotrim prior to Wls and the councilling i recieved with that really made me wake up to my relation ship with food and the unhealthy choices i was making. I have now addressed my volume eating as i have had that imposed otherwise i physically suffer with pain and its a pain like i have never experianced befor. I can only describe it as what i would imagine an elepnant sitting on on yr chest would feel like and after experiancing it a couple of times in the early days i dont want to experiance it again.
so although this stage of yr journy may feel like a waste of time use it to ask all the questions you have and make the dietition work for you.
One of the things post op is the amout of fat and suger per 100gm you can consume start picking her brains about things like that. That way it proves that you have done yr reserch and are mentally and physically prepared.
good luck with yr appointments
carole

Thanks carole, I have been told to eat only things with 5grams of fat and no more than 62 grams per day.
I hve to say I findthis too hard to get my head around.
i make most foods from scratch and dont know that grams of fat per 100 grams.
i eat oven chips quite a bit, those mccain ones. i also make lotes of veg and chicken breast.
the dietician said just carry on doing what you are doing she said she had no tasks.
my first one was to cut out all sugar in drinks which i have and also to have no fizzy drinks which i dont.
I just hope it goes quicker.
I have to say from teh beginiing of my journey till now i have learnt lots already and still have lots to learn so thanks again
xx

Back