• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Doubts, cheating and crazyness !

I understand where your coming from SS, but some people are unable to maintain a decent weight on their own, due to other factors, not just overeating and lack of exercise.
You more than most people must understand the importence of perhaps asking for help with your weight before you reach 40yrs old and waiting to cark it, by having heart failure.
That is exactly what I am doing, I have opted for a Gastric Bypass at the age of 35, before I get to the stage when I can't walk upstairs or indeed damage my heart. To me that is much more wiser than waiting until it is nearly too late. Lets face it, if we had the strengh and will to lose weight, we would be thin people not what we have become, I have been a yoyo dieter since my early teens and nothing has ever changed over the years, except that each time I have been strong and lost weight, once I drop off the diet I have put double the weight back on, hence ending up 21+ stone at the age of 35 and going up!
So I believe if you have reached as far as most of us on here, then yes, surgery is the right choice and thats with no cotton wool or fluffing, just fact! x

Relax guys i'm on your side on this, you both know what you need to do, and i like the other post oppers here will support you all the way through with advice and support when its hard or things dont go your way !

as for the easy thin option, well yep like yourselves i had and went through this myself, and i think it was Shel that told me........... When people say your taking the easy route, ask them ' if you have a headache do you suffer it or take a pain killer ? if they say take a pain killer then suggest that they are cheating too by taking the easy route ! - if there was a pill you could take to make you thin surely you'd take it wouldn't you !

Just remember though that at the end of the day those around you that love and support you will understand, those that dont wont and will suggest your cheating, but you like me know that surgical intervention is by far not the easy route to weight lose !

Relax guys i'm on your side on this, you both know what you need to do, and i like the other post oppers here will support you all the way through with advice and support when its hard or things dont go your way !

as for the easy thin option, well yep like yourselves i had and went through this myself, and i think it was Shel that told me........... When people say your taking the easy route, ask them ' if you have a headache do you suffer it or take a pain killer ? if they say take a pain killer then suggest that they are cheating too by taking the easy route ! - if there was a pill you could take to make you thin surely you'd take it wouldn't you !

Just remember though that at the end of the day those around you that love and support you will understand, those that dont wont and will suggest your cheating, but you like me know that surgical intervention is by far not the easy route to weight lose !
Lol SS, why could'nt you have just said that to fatbutnot4eva in the first place? x

'Cos like any man worth his salt, he takes his time get the desired result :eek:;):D

LOL
Thanks sorry if I got your back up SS I really didnt mean to at all.
and thanks Waynetta xxx thought that I was being ultra sensitive.
xxx
Have a fab saturday night x

LOL
Thanks sorry if I got your back up SS I really didnt mean to at all.
and thanks Waynetta xxx thought that I was being ultra sensitive.
xxx
Have a fab saturday night x

Lol - no you didn't ;) i just like to give a conjective opinion on things which sometimes comes across as being negative, it wasn't my intention as i said to you and Waynetta i'll help and support you as best i can. :D

Blokes huh lol x

To a degree i do agree with everything that ss has said, there perhaps could have been a little more tact involved, but i have to say that yes i have struggled as long as i can remember with my weight and even though i didnt rush into wls looking back three months ago to when i had the band fitted that was a doddle, it is now that at times i find it really hard because i still feel hunger and i still have to have willpower so as not to overeat which at times is really hard. I still have the same cravings as before and at the moment my weightloss has slowed down which i know is probably because i am only a stone away from target but there is still the impatience of wanting to get the weight off asap. julie

Blokes huh lol x

Hey sometime you lot need to be told bluntly ;):D

Seriously though we all have self doubts about this stuff, its a big big step your taking and will be the start of your new life ! - you lot are a lot stronger than you think you are ! so stop doubting yourselves

Three and a half hours till your journey begins W - good luck !

i have learnt over the years that i am a very strong person, i deal with things as they come up, and everyone respects me for it, everyone here is strong in different ways, it takes courage to say thats enough i have to do something about this, look at the options and take what is deemed a radical measure to achieve it long term.

W good luck on the pre-op diet :)

Back