• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another Newbie

nevaehgold

Hi all have been lurking for some time I was banded Feb 4th and haven't had any problems so far due for first fil 9th April (cant wait as appetite increasing daily) I have been impressed by the support on this forum and wish I had found you earlier, I have found reading the threads very helpful only just found courage to post. I do have a question is it normal to have pain after eating cant say its agony just uncomfortable I'm a bit worried that something is wrong any idea's ??

Hi and welcome hope you have had a smooth journey so far

Ali

Hi all have been lurking for some time I was banded Feb 4th and haven't had any problems so far due for first fil 9th April (cant wait as appetite increasing daily) I have been impressed by the support on this forum and wish I had found you earlier, I have found reading the threads very helpful only just found courage to post. I do have a question is it normal to have pain after eating cant say its agony just uncomfortable I'm a bit worried that something is wrong any idea's ??

:) HELLO AND WELCOME TO MINIS !!!

you say that your experiencing pain when you eat, is this after any type of food or does it come after certain foods ?

Hello and welcome, sorry I'm not a bander so I can't answer your question, just wanted to say hello.

:party0019: Welcome xx

Hi and welcome to mini's

The pain could be a number of things the obvious one being wind from eating to fast, if you were a bypasser it could be the discomfort from being full but i do not know if this applies to a newly banded

Hi and welcome xx

Thanks for welcome know from reading on here that you are experienced bander Liz not especially certain foods i do try to eat slowly but do find this the hardest thing for me to do old habits die hard

all i can advise is eat slower, dont drink 30 mins before and 30 mins after food, becareful with portion control, that can cause pouch discomfort if the portion is too large, i have the same size plate and bowl as my son and it helps me not go over my portion allowance. it will take a while to ajust to as its a major life style change, feel free to ask any questions if things get difficult, theres plenty support and advice here to help you get through ajusting to your new life with a band.

liz x

:character00148: hi there, just wanted to say Hello and welcome to the forum. I can't really help at minute as I'm pre op for banding but I'm sure you will get great advice from our expert banders on here. Good luck xx Gaynor xx

Back