• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie here

Skinny mini :-)

Hi guys,

I have been reading on here for a couple of weeks now and have followed Bandedhun, Sharon2014 and Tweety's threads and found them so inspirational and supportive I have decided not to hide in the shadows any more and join up.

I took the decision to get banded after sloth of thought and the realisation that although I only have 3-4 stone to lose, it was a battle I wasn't winning! Every time I had a loss I would gain back and then some......

I went to see THG on the 29.08.14 and decided to take the plunge, I have been signed off for my op today and go in on Sunday to have my op :-S

Thanks for listening xx

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your surgery. Having a band was the best decision I made! I wish I had done it sooner.
I had mine in May. I am currently on holiday in Turkey and although I have looked at my o/h's plate with a bit of envy it is only fleeting. I am still enjoying all the wonderful food and flavours but in smaller portions.

Good luck with your journey. I look forward to hearing about your progress. Xx

Thank you and well done on resisting his food lol :)

I have found even just doing pre op diet my thinking has changed a little towards food.

Thanks Skinny, you'll go through a railroad of emotions in the lead up and well be here!

Best of luck on your journey. X no regrets

I am very luck in the fact a very good friend has been banded for around 5 years now. So I am aware it's not the easy ride people think it is, I have a lot of work to do but it will be worth the effort.

In all honesty it isn't the band that worries me, it's the operation having gone 33 years never being operated on I am finding it a little daunting..... I am positive it will all be ok tho and come Monday morning I can start a whole new life style. Life is just to short not to be happy .....

Hello skinny mini!

Hey love!

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad I could be of some help!! :)

I wish you nothing but the best on your journey, it isn't an easy journey but it's worth it! I don't regret getting it done for one minute, I just each day see small changes in me and I know my band has helped. I still have a huge way to go but I know finally after years I will do it!

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask, this site has been invaluable to me!!

Looking forward to your updates xxx

Skinny good luck. Keep us updated

Of course it is daunting. I was bricking it. Terrified. But it was a breeze. Much easier than I could ever have hoped. If I can do this the big feartie that I am. You can ;-) I am three weeks today post op and think this is the best decision ever

I was the same ! 34 years no op. It was like going on a roller coaster and you get to the front of the queue. You stand there thinking. What the hell was i thinking! You then have to plough on through. They relax you first with some great drug and then you wake up in recovery talking crap. Easier than labour, LOL!

Welcome and good luck xx

I was the same ! 34 years no op. It was like going on a roller coaster and you get to the front of the queue. You stand there thinking. What the hell was i thinking! You then have to plough on through. They relax you first with some great drug and then you wake up in recovery talking crap. Easier than labour, LOL!
Ha ha never done labour either...

Thanks everyone :)

Well only 3 days to go now, pre op is going well and even had a comment about how I have lost weight in my face today so that's a bonus :) can't wait for the comments in a few months time :)

We'll tomorrow is the day and nerves are kicking in now :-S got a long day leave home at 5.30am to arrive for 7am. Hoping I'm am too tired to worry too much xx

Hi and welcome sweetheart : i can only say l for tomorrow, you will be fine :) i so know where your at but tomorrow will fly by in a blur and soon you'll be post op and 3 weeks down the line lol sounds like you have a good grasp on banded life, your right its not easy, but empowering to say the least :) i'm 7 months down the line now, still an empty band, fitter, well-er, thinner, happier.... more active and more confiedence too so you have all this to look forward to. Welcome again sweetheart your in a fab place for fantastic advice heaps of laughter ... motivation and friendship x x x xx see you on the other side.... now get some sleep ;)

Back