• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

antibiotic update (lady troubles)

Raynebubble

as some of you who have read my posts on tuesday i finished a 8 day course of cefalexin for a water infection.. by theend i was feeling just fine and was getting back on track... apart from developing thush and cystitus over christmas... i went back to docs and she gave me a course of nitrofurantoin to take until my urine sample comes back from the hospital. i took 3 out of the four... but during the day they made me feel so ill, put me off food yet i had to take them with my food... i was advised by out of hours docs last night tonot take any more.... today i still feel rough... i rang my docs and she has now changed them to selexid... they were nice enoughto deliver them to me.. and i have to take two a once then from tmro one wih breakfast and one with dinner.
Ive just taken the first two..now i have bely ache and think i might need t have a lie down as i took them about half hour after lunch instead of with lunch... yet the say to take with water which you cant do with lunch... oh im so confused... im hoping the belly ache is cos i had to take two together... i so hope they are not bad when taken 8 hours apart... has anyone else had to take selexid?

Don't worry, they tend to say "take with water" as some people tend to chew them...they are from the penicillin family so not a group known for particularly causing GI upset. I would stick to taking them with your food and wash down with what you can in the form of wet food rather than chewing them. Really hope you feel better soon. x
#

Don't worry, they tend to say "take with water" as some people tend to chew them...they are from the penicillin family so not a group known for particularly causing GI upset. I would stick to taking them with your food and wash down with what you can in the form of wet food rather than chewing them. Really hope you feel better soon. x
#

Thankyou hun, i rung the hospital where i had my op and they suggested taking them with some yogurt so they dont upset my stomach.. not sure how im gonna do that though.... dinner will be ok as i can just have a bit of yogurt before or after my dinner... but i was planning on having a scrambled egg for breakfast... do i have a bit of yogurt after that? or should i just have a yogurt for breakfast.... well it will be a ww fromais frais as i donthae any yogurts until i can go shopping????
forgot to say im on soft foods as from tmro.... or maybe i can have a crispbread with low fat soft cheese for breakast then have a bit of yogur after???

Could you open a yogurt , use a spoonful for your tablet , cover it with cling film , then have your planned breakfast , then have a other spoon of it for the other tablet ?

Could you open a yogurt , use a spoonful for your tablet , cover it with cling film , then have your planned breakfast , then have a other spoon of it for the other tablet ?

thanks hun i think thats what i will do... gonna have to have a bit of ww fromais frais in the morning though then head to tesco and get some yogurts xx

Back