• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

Well i have 2 more full days with balloon and then it's out woo hoo. It has been a difficult week. Very sick and gassy, soooo looking forward to having this out. Here's hoping the journey will continue with a better and brighter out look on food xx

You need to get up n try to be normal if u can sip water n peppermint tea eat scrambled egg when they tell u u can once u eat something u feel loads better coz not eaten in sooo long! Try a jelly to bring sugar levels round a bit

Toddys it's difficult in first couple of weeks rest drink plenty water and eat small amounts of very bland good like scrambled egg, chicken soup, rice pudding ect ect you will feel better soon xxx

Well getting balloon out on Tuesday. What a roller coaster it's been I'm currently at 3 and a half stone lost so pleased with that. Found out today the op the surgeon wants to do is the gastric sleeve hopefully on 3rd July. Been to discuss pre op liver reducing diet wow that looks hard bug only for 14 days.

How is everyone doing xxx

Well getting balloon out on Tuesday. What a roller coaster it's been I'm currently at 3 and a half stone lost so pleased with that. Found out today the op the surgeon wants to do is the gastric sleeve hopefully on 3rd July. Been to discuss pre op liver reducing diet wow that looks hard bug only for 14 days. How is everyone doing xxx

Time has flown. Mines out on Saturday. Down 3 1/2 Stone so really happy.

Baked bean I'm booked in for op on 3rd July so a bit of a wait. Do have the 14 day pre op diet though in that time so should lose some more weight.

Kismet it has flown hasn't it. Isn't it wired though we have matched each other's weight loss through out the 6 months lol well done xxxx

Baked bean I'm booked in for op on 3rd July so a bit of a wait. Do have the 14 day pre op diet though in that time so should lose some more weight. Kismet it has flown hasn't it. Isn't it wired though we have matched each other's weight loss through out the 6 months lol well done xxxx

We have and I'm proud of us both xx

Well done woody and the best of luck for July and your sleeve. I had the balloon in preparation for my RNY bypass nine months ago and it's been the best thing I have ever done :) I actually enjoyed my LSD as my time with the balloon was so very bland and unexciting that it was sheer heaven to taste simple things like spicy soups again even tomato soup was yum yum lol. I had no time to "lapse" between the balloon removal and my bypass either as the two weeks in-between was the LSD. My liver was apparently tip top fat free by the time I went under the knife :D

Hi! I hope that you do not mind my joining this conversation.
I had a gastric balloon insertion over one year ago and i would like to share my experience with fellow ballooners!
x

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had experienced any negative physical health since having a balloon inserted?
I had mine done in feb of last year and i vomited for 6 weeks and suffered hair loss and have since been diagnosed with spondylolisthesis due to the balloon being over filled when it was inserted.
Any help or advice would be appreciated

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had experienced any negative physical health since having a balloon inserted? I had mine done in feb of last year and i vomited for 6 weeks and suffered hair loss and have since been diagnosed with spondylolisthesis due to the balloon being over filled when it was inserted. Any help or advice would be appreciated

Hi kimlou, spondylolisthesis could not be caused by over filling of the balloon.

Away for a girls weekend in Abu Dhabi, seeing Justin Timberlake tonight. So happy to be comfortable in a bikini again! Hope everyone is doing well.

Attachments

• image-85471795.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 29
Back