• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

Well done on blood pressure meds, that's great news xx Life without balloon is hard at min. I'm not really wanting more food which is great but I'm getting really bad stomach cramps first thing in morning and if I leave it too long between eating. Obviously hunger cramps but they feel different. I'm thinking it's my stomach adjusting to being empty. I also feel really drained but I think that may be my fibromyalgia. Just focussing on my date for my op on the 3rd July How are you doing? How is everyone else doing??

I've been getting those to and they really hurt and make me feel really sick. I've stepped up my fluid intake which does ease it. I've stayed the same weight wise for the 1st week.
Have a good weekend x

I've been getting those to and they really hurt and make me feel really sick. I've stepped up my fluid intake which does ease it. I've stayed the same weight wise for the 1st week. Have a good weekend x

Glad I'm not the only one feeling the cramps hope yours ease soon.
Haven't weighed myself yet though xx

Having a bad time with burps. :( They smell awful and make it nearly impossible to be in a closed room with anybody. I've read the advice about "washing" the balloon off with diet coke or soda water but that hasn't helped (yet?).

Any recommendations?

Having a bad time with burps. :( They smell awful and make it nearly impossible to be in a closed room with anybody. I've read the advice about "washing" the balloon off with diet coke or soda water but that hasn't helped (yet?). Any recommendations?

Have you tried squeezing either a fresh lemon or lime into the soda/tonic water. The citric acid cleans the balloon much better but it has to be fresh fruit. I found coke made it worse so lived on diet tonic water. Hope that helps x

Having a bad time with burps. :( They smell awful and make it nearly impossible to be in a closed room with anybody. I've read the advice about "washing" the balloon off with diet coke or soda water but that hasn't helped (yet?). Any recommendations?

Sorry but i have to say had these burps the whole time I had the balloon in didn't find anything that helped. Hope you do xxx

Hi eaglette diet coke n charcoal tablets n drink peppermint tea. They last the lifetime of the balloon being in though! I've
Joined a gym yesterday been again today! Got to drop a stone by august

I ordered charcoal tablets so I'll try those too. I don't mind the burps per se...it's the evil smell which is embarrassing! :S Going to fast today - only peppermint tea and one glass of slimline tonic with lime - hope to calm it all down again.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!

I have an office with No windows n I swear it smelt like sulphur if I didn't wedge door open. U could guarantee some1 could come in n I would need to burp it burns your nose too lol u learn to eat things that don't irritate it

The charcoal tablets seem to help, although not as much as the lime & tonic water. The only way I seem to be able to avoid the burps completely is by not eating. :D

Hi guys! Hope you are all well.
I'm in my 4th month of balloon ( insertion 1st march) and I've gone from a 122kg to 106kg and I'm stuck at it. It's been like this for a couple of weeks now and I'm doing everything the same food, work out wise. It's worrying me that I've only lost 16kg in 4 months. I really want to get into the 15st bracket before end of June. Has anyone else experienced this? Also any suggestions on what to do to kick the flab are welcome..x

Hi guys! Hope you are all well. I'm in my 4th month of balloon ( insertion 1st march) and I've gone from a 122kg to 106kg and I'm stuck at it. It's been like this for a couple of weeks now and I'm doing everything the same food, work out wise. It's worrying me that I've only lost 16kg in 4 months. I really want to get into the 15st bracket before end of June. Has anyone else experienced this? Also any suggestions on what to do to kick the flab are welcome..x

My weight loss stalled at about the 4 month mark as well I had lost about 2.5 stone at that point and there was still plenty to go. From reading comments on here I gather it's quite common. I changed my food around. Wasn't able to do much exercise as have fibromyalgia but people on here have had to up the intensity of that as well. I ended up losing 3 stone 10 lbs in 6 months with the balloon so it did start again bug was very difficult.

Sending hugs as I know how hard it is but don't lose your determination and listen to your body, small portions of good healthy food and exercise and it will work xxx

I'm currently stalled at 11kgs - I've upped my exercise and hope that will have an effect though it also makes me hungrier so that's a bit counter-productive if I'm not careful. :) For now, I'm enjoying the fact that I dropped a dress size and that the next size down is starting to feel looser.

I think 16kgs is amazing - you can do this!

Back