• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any news on St Richards?

noreenb

It's been pretty quiet on the forum regarding St Richards. Has anyone received a letter? Anyone been? Any news? Anything???? I am still waiting....xxxxx

Hi noreenb, I had my 1st consultation Friday. Saw a ?French? Surgeon (at least he sounded French to me), he said his name twice but i think i had too many things going on in my brain that his name has totally gone!

He was one of the new surgeons that have been drafted in. The main thing is he gave me a 'YES' for the goahead of a bypass!! I asked if I needed to see a Phych but he said that I didn't, would just need to go to the pre-assessment appointment to see dietician, have bloods and anesthetist.

So things are looking up finally. He said it would be within 18 weeks due to the guidelines, but it may not be done in Chichester, it may be carried in a London Surgery closed to his work/home place. Has anyone else had a consultation with my 'mystery' surgeon! :) (I think I will ring St Richards and perhaps ask his name!)

I seemed to gather from the appointment and what other people were saying there was that the next you hear from St Richards is a phone call asking if you have decided on having the op, then a date for the pre-opp assesment when people there were seeing a dietician, group chat, having bloods and seeing the anesthetist all at one appointment.

Lets hope they are sticking to this 18 weeks rule!

Lucy xx

hi im on st richards list with shaw somers, i saw him on feb 12th an psychologist on april 24th ,gonna be dim now is the 18 week rule from the first appt thanks:D

Hi Debbie,
I asked my surgeon on Friday that question as I thought it was from the pre-op assesment (2nd appointment), but he said from your first appointment!!

Get them to check the 18 week rule, I work for the NHS and its now dropped down to 12 weeks

How fantastic would that be if it applies to St Richards!! :) Donjon do you work for the NHS in Scotland??

Yeah lucylou i do, and the waiting times for everything have dropped down to 12 weeks. Needless to say that isnt applying to gastric banding here as nearly 1 year on i am still waiting to actually see the consultant for the first time

Thanks everyone for the updates. I hope it's 12 weeks not 18 just to make it all that closer. Don't know about the French surgeon. I was see by Mr Tim John. Keep us updated on any news and I will do the same. xxxxx

Hi,i saw shaw somers for my first appointment on 16th april,he said yes to me having a band,and that i should be done in the next 3 months BUT it may not be CHICHESTER it might be BASINGSTOKE? when i asked why he said because st richards are fully booked! so i am just waiting to hear about my pre-op and op dates now and WHERE ill be done!!

Had a quick look on google think the 12 week is only applying to Scotland at the moment - from your first appointment. It really does seem like St Richards are doing their best to reduce times though and we are all on the ladder to being loosers! (I still check the phone and post every night as soon as I get in from work!)

Crikey, I thought Chichester was far enough to go, but BASINGSTOKE??? At this rate, I'll ask if I can be done in Birmingham (at least I'd have somewhere to stay then with the in-laws!). When do you get told it may or may not be Chichester? Nothing was said last week by Mr Slater about it being elsewhere. Julie

hi all mine is 12 weeks today from first appt,i also was not told anything about another hospital perhaps it newer referals is was original reffered in august 08 .how about all of you how long on list so far.understand the look on the doormat before anything else feeling ,god im getting frustrated thank god for all of you .hugs to all:gen126:

I got my letter about funding and being accepted from St Richards in October 2008, was seen last week. My Surgeon that I saw said it will probably be in London as it was closer to his 'home', i assume he uses either a private clinic or another hospital??, I have thought of all these questions after the appointment and wish I had asked .. including his name still :) what am I like, I was just so excited/nervous at the time!!

So Debbie, it has been 12 since your first appointment at St Richards and you haven't had any further correspondence from them?? Just so I know what to expect!

hi lucy i did see psychologist on april 24th an she said all ok to go ahead no probs with my head although family an friends disagree lol;)

It's been 6 weeks exactly since my first appointment...another 12 to go to hit the 18 week target. The waiting is soooo hard but at least we have each other on this forum. Hope we get to met each other at some stage or when we are 10 stone lighter lol xxxx

LoL! if you have had some contact since that is reasurring, I really dont think it will be long for you Debbie :)

I LOVE this site, I must visit at least ten times a day!! It gave me hope in those 7 months of the initial wait, seeing who else waiting for St Richards had any movement or info!

Fingers crossed for everyone we hear soon! xx

Hi,lucy,i to went onto st richards list in october 08 and have just had my first appointment so we might get done around the same time!!if not at the same place!! will continue to let you know if i hear anything x orchid x

I checked out Shaw Somers website and he does surgery work in Hampshire as well as Chichester so perhaps that's why some peopel have been told it may be there. According to Mr Slater's website, he only does Chichester so I guess I'll be ok then.......just the waiting now ho hum!

hi all ,phoned chichester today told they not got all my psych assesment stuff back yet so im not active on the list [anyone know what that means] ,and it may not be shaw doing surgery or at chichester,somebody please shoot me im so dispondent:wave_cry:

Back